𝐋𝐞𝐭❜𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

Arrows like rays thrown by the sun hit her eyes so hardly, that she woke up from her deep slumber. She opened her eyes to a much non-accustomed environment of a room. After arising to a dark space, darker mood and darkest of hearts for a dozen plus two days, she felt armoured in this space.

Anjana lied on the bed and gazed at the simple, minimalistic room in awe. She enlarged her eyes seeing her happy place's picture fit in a frame. It reminded her of how her man revived her from the nightmare and soon it brought back those tragic events in a split second. She shut her eyes trying to erase those thoughts out of her mind.

Naveen was watching the news channel to check if there was any news out about last night's incident. Luckily, there was no news about the robbery or the ruckus at the restaurant.

Pranav came at the entrance of Naveen's house.

Naveen: Hey, when did you come back? Nothing happened right?

Pranav: Yeah, nothing complicated. Here, Anjana's phone and that person who got injured in the food cart is fine, Rajesh told me to inform you.

Naveen: Thanks da..

Pranav: Seriously? (They laugh) So, there is no news about the incident right?

Naveen: Nothing has come on TV till now... I wonder how though, so much happened yesterday right?

Pranav: Exactly... by now they would have found out that Anjana is not there, they may come here as they know you. Be careful da, ask Aunty and Anjana to be alert as well, just call us if you need anything.

Naveen: I'll take care da. Amma has gone to the church, Anju is sleeping.

Pranav: Okay da, I have some work now.

Naveen: Okay, bye.

Naveen sends him off and goes inside his room. He sees Anjana looking at his new book.

Naveen: You woke up?

Anjana (sarcastically): Yeah, long back. You published a book, when I was away?

Naveen smiles at her. He placed a saree on the table near his bed and sat near her.

Naveen: Two days after you went missing, your belongings were handed over to Anjali by your roommates. She gave them to me.

Though Anjali felt bad about being evacuated from her hostel, she didn't show it up on her face.

Anjana: Hmm. How did your book do? When did you publish it anyway?

Naveen: It was published a week earlier and is receiving good reviews. Actually, my friend who has a critic-friend..

Anjana (giggles): Friend's critic friend?

Naveen (smiles): Yeah, he is a huge critic. So he gave a really nice review about the book and suggested it to many, so...

Anjana (smiles): Wow...

Naveen could sense her awkwardness.

Naveen: Is that bandage comfortable? I saw the wound in the morning only, our neighbour's daughter is a nurse so, I asked her do the first aid..

Anjana: Yeah it is..

Naveen got up and arranged her provision on his table.

Naveen: Okay, you freshen up first and come have lunch. Its already 2:30 pm. Make sure the bandage doesn't get wet, okay?

Anjana nods her head.

Anjana: Naveen..

Naveen: Hmm?

Anjana: You don't want to know anything about the incident?

Naveen: You know you can talk about it to me whenever you feel comfortable. The first thing that matters to me is your happiness and peace of mind.

They smile at each other.

At the church:

Grace was praying staunchly facing the lord's statue. When she came out of the church, she saw Chithra and Madhi waiting for her.

Grace: Were you waiting for me? Did I make you wait for long?

Chithra: No, its fine. We came to visit a relative's house, and on the way we noticed you getting into the church. We wanted to convey something to you, so we thought..

Grace: What is it?

Madhi: For our new project, we had sent you a few documents to sign them right, in that you forgot to sign on one paper. So we have to go the bank near our area's police station tomorrow.

Grace: Oh...okay. I'll be ready tomorrow.

Chithra: And.. did you know anything about Anjana?

Grace (relucatantly): Uhm.. Naveen actually brought her home yesterday..

Madhi: What? How..?

Chithra: Why didn't you inform us?

Grace: Everything happened in a haste..

Grace narrates the events to Chithra and Madhi. They get shocked hearing the events and ask the family to be safe. Grace agrees and walks to her home. She enters the living room.

Naveen: Ma, what took you so long?

Grace: I met Chithra and Madhi Anna on the way da, that's why. Is she fine now? Did she have lunch?

Naveen: She just went to bathe ma...

Grace: Oh.. did she say anything about the...?

Naveen: No ma, its okay... let's take some time.

Anjana comes out of the room and greets Grace. She goes to the prayer room and prays for someone. Anjana's phone vibrates receiving a notification. Naveen sees it and gets a doubt.

TO BE CONTINUED