𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐲 𝐌𝐞 - 𝟐

Naveen (shocked): Pranav ! This is Anjana's phone !

Pranav: Show me the phone.

Naveen unlocks her phone and gives it to him.

Pranav: Dei, why has she kept this alarm at 9pm in the night? Why does she have to meet her MD at 9pm?

Naveen: How will I know... she is quite forgetful so she usually keeps alarms even for small things.

Pranav checks her phone thoroughly for evidence. Naveen closes and locks the door from inside. The thief was still lying there unable to get up.

Pranav: Naveen, who's number is this?

Naveen looks at the phone in which there was a WhatsApp chat with an unknown number.

[+91********** (20:38) : I got the video.]

[You (20:52) : How?]

[+91********** (21:02) : I'll tell you when I call]

Pranav: This message is sent on 15th of August. Which video are they talking about?

Naveen: I don't know...

Pranav: How can a smartphone retain its charge for almost 2 weeks?

Naveen: No da, I initially got voice texts from this number only. For the first week I got calls from her number. When I tried to speak to her and trace the number they found it and switched off the phone, this happened in the end of the first week if I remember. From then I refrained myself from tracing her. So maybe they charged it the whole time?

Pranav: Okay. But how did her phone get here? And look, there has been no message since two weeks from this person.

Naveen: Would this person have kidnapped her?

Pranav: I don't think so, she has called the same number this morning !

Naveen: What?

Pranav: That means... this person is also someone like us. I mean he might not know anything about her kidnap. Or would they have relocated her today and is that why her phone broke?

Naveen: I don't understand what's happening here. We can only get to know what is happening from Anjana...

Pranav: If she had called this number today morning, then this person would know something about the kidnap...

Naveen nods his head in doubt.

Pranav: Can we call this person now?

Naveen: We'll try.

They call the unknown number from Anjana's phone but get no response.

Naveen: Wait, I'll call from my number.

When Naveen tries to call the number, someone starts knocking at the door. Both of them stand there with no clue of what to do. Naveen thinks for a few seconds and turns to Pranav.

Naveen: Pranav, if they would have relocated her today according to your assumption and her phone is here.. then she must be here in this building only right?

The knocking on the door gets intense. People from the other side of the door ask them to open the door.

Pranav (anxiously): Maybe.

Naveen: Then... do me a favour.

Naveen looks at a door at the corner of the room.

Naveen: I'll try to find Anju in this building, at the same time you divert the attention of the people here by calling the police and handing this guy over to them. You never know, there might be henchmen too...