SessRin Week Day 5: Friends to Lovers

Summery: Post Yashahime. Rin tells the twins the story of her and Sesshomaru.

A few weeks had past since Kirinmaru, Zero and Riku were defeated. 10 weeks to be exact. Setsuna had only just woken up a few days ago after having fallen asleep to make up for the sleep she lost for 10 years. Now that Setsuna was awake, they noticed the relationship between their parents and now the twins wanted to know how did a kind, happy human girl fall in love with a cold Daiyoukai?

" Mother, how did you fall in love with father?" Setsuna asked one morning during breakfast. Rin stopped and looked at her younger daughter in surprise.

" Why would you want to know that?" Rin giggled.

" Because you're so kind and cheerful and he's......cold." Setsuna replied.

" Setsuna!" Towa scolded.

" What? It's true!" Setsuna tried to defend.

" I suppose I could tell you... if it's ok with your father that is." Rin gave a look to Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru nodded indicating he gives his permission.

" When I was 6 years old I witnessed my parents and 3 older brothers be slaughtered by human bandits. I was so scared by it that I made myself mute. No one would let me stay with them because of it so for the next 2 years I lived by myself." Rin started.

The twins gasped and even Sesshomaru was shocked. This he had not known before. " Why did you not tell me this?" Sesshomaru asked sternly.

" I didn't want to worry you and it's in the past anyway, nothing to be done now." Rin replied confidently.
"Anyway, when I was 8 years old I met your father in the woods, he was injured. By what? He didn't tell me. He asked about my bruises and for the first time in a long time someone cared about me." She continued.

" How did you get injured, Father?" Setsuna asked.

" Unfortunately by Inuyasha,much to my dismay." Sesshomaru growled, remembering how he lost that fight.

" A few days after we met, Koga the chief of the Wolf tribe has sent his friends to gather food. They killed everyone in the village. I managed to escape but not for long. In the end I was killed by wolves and your father used Tensegia to bring me back. After that I started traveling with him, Jaken and Ah-Uh."

" You died?!" Towa gasped.

" Twice. When the battle with Naraku was over I was sent to live with Lady Kaede in order to grow up in a human village and make my own choice when I was old enough wether I wanted to stay in a human village or be with your father."

" Well, we can see how that turned out." Setsuna muttered. Towa and Sesshomaru heard her and Towa flicked her on the head softly.

" I did enjoy my time in the village really I did but I wanted to be with your father forever and ever." Rin finished.

" Where's the part where you fell in love?" Towa asked exasperated.

" Well I fell in love with him sometime when I was still traveling with him but I'm unsure of when he did." Rin giggled.

" You were 12 when I decided I wanted you with me always but I did not know it was love until you were 14 and you were getting many suitors." Sesshomaru simply explained.

" This you never told me." She stated.
The twins, sensing they should probably go to their room, got up and left, leaving their parents alone.

" I thought you knew." Sesshomaru said.

" Just because I can read your eyes does not mean I can read your emotions." Rin and Sesshomaru were now so close you could put a book between them.

" I do not say this enough because you know I do not use words, I love you, my irreplaceable Rin." He caressed her cheek.

" And I love you, my Inu Lord." She whispered as they kissed.