Oneshot #5 Inuyasha & Rin

Summary: Moments of Inuyasha and Rin Post Inuyasha the final act, pre Yashahime and post Yashahime. Resident orphan duo. These 2 orphans have each others backs.

Rin age 13 ( a few weeks after Kagome's return)

Rin was sad. First her family was killed by bandits when she was 6, Lord Sesshomaru left her in the village of Inuyasha at 10 ( granted he visits every few months with expensive gifts) and now it seemed even Inuyasha was leaving her. Over the last three years the two had bonded over their orphaned childhoods. They did everything together. From Hunting, to climbing trees, to playing games in the field, to Rin sitting on Inuyasha's shoulders, there was almost nothing they didn't do together. They became brother and sister and Inuyasha had become protective over the young girl. But now every time Rin tried to get Inuyasha to play a game with her, he was always with Kagome.

One night Rin was watching the stars when she suddenly saw a shooting star. Instead of wishing what she normally did which is to live with Sesshomaru forever, instead she wished Inuyasha still cared. Because she wasn't paying attention, she didn't notice the wild animal behind her. But when she did she screamed.
Meanwhile a sleeping Inuyasha woke up in his tree at the sound of the scream. He immediately ran to where it was coming from.

After he got there and killed the animal, he turned towards Rin. " Rin, why didn't you call for help sooner?! Why are you out this late at night?!"

" Because you have Lady Kagome to protect now instead of me, and because I wanted to sleep outside." Rin replied softly. Thanks to his sensitive hearing he was able to hear what she said.

" Rin...." He said before picking her up and putting her on his lap.

" I may have to protect Kagome now that she's here but that doesn't mean I'll stop protecting you. Kagome may have taught me what love and friendship is but you taught me what family is. I don't want you to ever think I'll ever stop caring about you kiddo." Inuyasha said.

" I won't stop caring about you either." She smiled. Inuyasha hugged her close. Rin and Kagome were the only ones he'd ever hug.

" Come on you can sleep in the tree with me. You can sleep on my lap."

Rin age 17 almost 18

Rin had been happily married to Sesshomaru for a few months now and just a few hours ago she had discovered she was with child. Sesshomaru had sensed 2 infants within her. Once Sesshomaru left to go tell his mother she was to be a grandmother, Rin immediately left to find a special someone to share the news with. People would assume she's going to tell Kaede and though she loves the old woman like a daughter would a mother, that's not who she was going to tell.

" Inuyasha-chan!" Rin cried.

" Hey short stuff, what's going on? You seem extra happy today."

" I've been wanting peaches a lot lately and yet I want to dip them in that stuff ( ramen) lady Kagome used to let you have." Rin pouted.

" What's that got to do with you being so happy today?"

" Perhaps it's just the babies. Maybe they can smell from inside my tummy..." She fake thought.

" Wait..... you mean?"

" You're gonna be an uncle." She nodded while crying.

He immediately picked her up and hugged her.

Yashahime season 2:

The 2 groups of the inu brothers met up to discuss how to defeat Kirinmaru and Kirin. On one end of the room was Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kiara and Moroha. On the other side was Sesshomaru, Rin, Kohaku, Jaken, and the twins.

" Well I say we go in duos." Kagome suggested.

" And just how do you think we should go about that?" Inuyasha asked sarcastically.

" Sango will go with Kohaku, Miroku with Jaken, The kids together in a group of three, I'll go with Sesshomaru and Inuyasha you'll go with Rin. " Kagome said.

" Hey short stuff."

" INUYASHA-CHAN!" Rin jumped up and hugged him.

" What the heck just happened?" The twins asked each other.

" Shouldn't you go with papa?" Moroha asked her mother.

" It'll be better if Rin goes with him. Surprisingly they make a brilliant team. Probably because they are both orphans." Kagome replied.

" Huh?!" Once again the twins were confused.

A few minutes later found Inuyasha and Rin hiding in the bushes. " Forget what Sesshomaru told you remember what I taught you, be steady, patient and whatever you do, do not hesitate." Inuyasha commanded.

Rin looked at him and nodded.

" Let's take out this stupid bastard who ruined our families." Inuyasha growled.

" Inuyasha, no bad language in front of Rin or the kids!" Came a smartass remark from Kagome who was in the trees with Sesshomaru.

" SHES AN ADULT, SHE CAN HANDLE IT!"