Chapter Eighteen

"I don't think I've ever gotten a blowjob at work before." Tucker said, resting back on the couch in Callum's office.

"Technically it's my workplace, not yours." Callum pointed out.

"Oh, yeah, sorry I feel a bit dizzy." Tucker said, making Callum smirk.

"Well—" Callum was cut off by Tucker.

"Don't even think about it," Tucker glared, making Callum laugh louder. After a moment of silence, Tucker suddenly remembered why he came to Callum's office in the first place, "About, um, you know—"

"I'll take care of it," Callum nodded, "It was.. unprofessional and impulsive on my part. Punishing Paige for.. whatever it is that's going on between us was wrong."

"Thank you," Tucker said sincerely. He was a little surprised at Callum accepting that he made a mistake, and that he did, in fact, fire Paige to get revenge, "So, it was to get back at me, huh?"

"I didn't lie about the losses in the last three quarters," Callum shrugged, "But she is a good employee. And a hard worker. It wasn't as much to get back at you but.. I think I knew it'd lead you here."

"So you did it to get my attention?" Tucker raised a brow, and Callum shrugged again.

"Maybe. And if it didn't catch your attention then I think seeing Paige everyday would've been hard considering my feelings for you." Callum looked at Tucker as he said.

The smirk fell from Tucker's face as he watched Callum in shock. Even though the man had previously told him he wanted him, it was this confession that made him realise that maybe Callum's feelings were a little more serious than he had previously anticipated.

There was still a nagging voice in his head that kept taunting him and saying that he was nothing but a challenge for Callum. That the CEO didn't actually like him, and would drop him the moment he was done fucking him. Despite Callum's constant declarations, the voice just didn't seem to go away.

"I don't know what to say to that," Tucker's voice was lower than usual, "It's weirdly sweet. But considering you had to fire my sister, I think that makes it a little less so?"

"I'm going to make sure Paige is compensated for the distress the news of her termination must've caused her," Callum frowned, "Especially during her honeymoon."

"If it makes you feel any better, she's coming back today so her honeymoon is almost over, anyway," Tucker paused, "But please don't.. compensate her in any way. If there's something she'd hate more than me causing her to get fired from her job, it would be getting any unfair advantages that she feels she hasn't earned. The Conway family is way too prideful for that."

"Alright, if you say so," Callum nodded, "I'll just correct my mistake. Nothing else."

"That'd be perfect." Tucker smiled. It was probably the longest conversation he must've had with Callum without the two of them insulting or screaming at each other. Tucker was certain it had a lot to do with the fact that he was in a post orgasm calm headspace.

"Let's go out for dinner. A date. How's tomorrow night?" Callum asked, looking at Tucker with hopeful eyes.

"I'm going to the DA's house for dinner. His kid's back from college and he wants us to eat together," Tucker said, "What about day after tomorrow?"

"Have a business dinner with some colleagues from Japan," Callum frowned a little, "Friday night?"

"Friday night works." Tucker said after a moment of thought. Callum lit up almost immediately, the smile returning to his face.