Chapter 10: Accuse

"When is that fucker coming!" Kenzo kicks the door with vengeance. It seems like.. all they do is their homework or laze about.

"We have one hour left, thanks to her!" Rayne points it out again, glaring at me.

"Okay, what is your fucking problem?" I said I am sorry. Is he always just going pick on me? Now he's making me mad.

"Sorry, huh? I got another month of this shit, do you know that?" He slams his fist in anger on the desk.

"We all do," Cole pipes up.

"I don't fucking care! She should be in detention with us, suffering just like us!" Rayne cries out. For some reason, I have a feeling he's talking about himself.

"It's not her fault!"Jett tries to calm him down. It's our parents, who all wanted to punish us, instead of suspending us.

"You are so right! They pay a lot for this school, so they can do whatever they fucking like."Kenzo kicks the door with rage. He's angrier than all of them, because his step farther is the school principal.

"Look, Rayne. I know you're mad, but I don't think it's about me." I slowly approach him, fearing he might bite my head off.

"What do you mean?" He scowls his face, not liking this. I might as well ask him, he might just tell me in this confide space.

"I have heard rumours, you know." I tread slowly.

"Like what?" He looks confused with his angry eyes. 

"That someone broke your heart, didn't they?" 

Rayne, doesn't answer, but his torn heartbroken face just says it all. I have never seen this emotion from him ever, usually he's so cold and mean.

"I don't want to talk about it," he whispers, not looking me in the eyes. I feel like he's so numb with sadness that he can't speak.

"Alyssa, what did I say about being nosy?" Kenzo scolds me, hating that I asked him.

"I was just asking," I shrug. I didn't cross a line, did I?

"Well, don't! It's none of your FUCKING BUSINESS!" Kenzo yells at me, his anger rising by the second.

"Why are you getting aggravated?"

"Because you don't listen!" He fumes. 

"I do!" I say adamantly. "I didn't mean to pry, he is just so cold and scary. I wanted to know why he's like that."

"He lost his soul mate, that's why Alyssa!"