zero

"My Lord," Pettigrew sniveled. "Are we sure that such a being exists?"

"Your faith is pitiful, Wormtail. The Trelawney woman's real prophecies are never wrong. Severus was there with her - he heard it. We must acquire the girl." Voldemort paced his childhood home.

"Yes, my Lord. Of course, my Lord."

"Severus!" Voldemort suddenly called out. "Thank you for coming. It seems some of your peers have some...doubts." The other dark figures in the room shifted uncomfortably on their feet at the acknowledgement of their lack of belief in Snape's word. "Could you please take out your wand?"

Voldemort waved his own wand and levitated a pensive from the corner of the room while Snape drew a shining white strand from his temple. He dropped it in the pensive.

"Come," Voldemort beaconed, pulling the Death Eaters closer to him with a wave of his hand. They grunted in surprise and alarm as their bodies were drawn to the bowl of memories and one by one, tossed in. Pettigrew and Snape followed, and Voldemort was the last to enter the memory.

"S-severus?" A disheveled woman had wandered into Professor Snape's Potion's classroom, her glasses giving the illusion that her eyes were four times bigger and her multicolored robe dragging on the ground behind her. "Do you have any more...tea leaves?"

"I left them on your desk, Sybil." Snape drawled in annoyance.

"I...oh...thank you, Severus."

Before Professor Trelawney could leave, her body went rigid and her breathing ragged. Snape whirled around, expecting the worst, but Trelawney had stalked up to him and was only a foot from him by the time he had turned. Her hand snapped to his shoulder and she wheezed out words in a voice that was not her own.

"Weapons come in all shapes and creatures and the Dark Lord will be searching for one more powerful than even himself......if he can learn to control it the Dark Lord will succeed...magical blood will be spilled as magic is gained and lost and lives will be taken and given when the time comes...he must not find the one who is without magic, the one who will take magic, the one who is magic...or there will be nothing left but his reign-n-n..."

Trelawney coughed and her normal voice returned, her muscles relaxing."I'm sorry, did you say something? I must have had a tickle in my throat." With that, she turned and walked out of the room.

The memory pushed the group back into the room and Voldemort smiled in triumph. "See that, Wormtail?" He waved his wand threateningly. "I need. That. Weapon."

"What even IS the weapon?" Pettigrew asked, immediately cowering and offering a small "my Lord..."

"A Muggle," Snape answered without a hint of emotion. "Or someone who appears to be a Muggle. A traitor to both the non-magical community and the magical community. Someone who can give and take magic...at will." He enunciated the last two words more clearly than the rest.

"And when I find this...Muggle," Voldemort said, disgust on his face and he struggled to choke out the word. "I can have all the power I want."

He walked to the window and looked out across the graveyard, his face pleased as he watched the dead tree branches beating against the window with a tap, tap, tap. "Plans have changed, Wormtail. Get me that girl."

A/N: thank you for joining me for this new book! this has been an idea that has rolled around in my head for literal years...since i first read harry potter as a little american muggle wanting to go to hogwarts.

SOME IMPORTANT STORY-RELATED INFO:
we are entering into fifth year, but everyone in fifth year is going to be 17 just for purposes of it not being weird. we'll age to 18 in sixth year, and then 19 in seventh year, kind of like the freshman and sophomore years of college/university, for legal reasons. we have no prior magical experience. if you haven't guessed, we're the weapon (a little dramatic irony for you haha).

WE HAVE AN INSTAGRAM NOW!!!
follow for updates as well as progress reports on the book: @azaleamalfoyy

my direct messages are open for suggestions! <3