Ch 3

Ellie's POV

McGee finally found Nick! I guess that I didnt have to wait for a longer time then. Gibbs, McGee, DiNozzo and I grabbed our go-bags and we realised that the place where McHee had tracked was standing right in front of our eyes after a 2 or more hour flight. It was a shabby, single-storey motel, which definitely wasn't Nick's preferred stay. We grabbed the heavy arms in the trunk and geared up. I really hoped that Nick was there, but not just his belongings, which would have led us on a wild goose chase. We yelled 'Federal Agents!' and showed the warrant that McGee had got for the motel manager to see, and he pointed out the room where Nick was in.

  Torres' POV
After a couple of hours, I guess 5 hours, give or take, a large bang woke me from my slumber, well trance, as I couldn't sleep a wink in the past hours. The door to the motel room was blasted, with three silhouettes yelling 'Federal Agents!' Somehow, the voice sounded familiar, it was my boss Leroy Jethro Gibbs, my soon-to-be girlfriend Ellie, and there was an unfamiliar person behind Gibbs. I yelled, 'Jeez, calm down, I'm Torres!' The team lowered their weapons, and Gibbs spoke up.

'Jeez, Torres, why didn't you communicate with us once you were free?'

'I was feeling drowsy but couldn't sleep, and I couldn't have contact with my phone, as this is a device-free motel, the manager confiscated my devices once I arrived on spot.'

This time it was Ellie's turn to speak.

'Nick, we were so worried about you, did you get starved or something? And, oh, we nearly shot you, so next time be smarter to identify yourself when Federal agents come barging in doors, it's one of NCIS's rules.'

When I was about to ask how exactly did the team find me,  he shushed me and told me to go and wash my face, as the days of being held captive was really rough, and pointed out that my face was filthy with dirt. He handed me a towel and motioned towards the bathroom. I rinsed the cloth to wipe my face, as I didn't dare to disobey a Gibbs' order, so I followed his orders and wiped off the muck and dirt on my face. As I finished wiping my face, I found out that I was very hungry. As I was paying for everything in this room, I grabbed a cereal bar form the minibar and gulped it down in a couple of seconds. I was ravenous! The hunger didnt die down, even as I ate all the cereal bars there. On the contrary  it even starved me more! Now, there was an unextinguishable fire burning in my throat, no matter how hard I try to gulp down water. Weird! Usually water would help! I thought. I excused myself, trying to get to a shop to buy food.

As I couldn't find a supermarket or any stores which sold food in the area, I decided that it was time to go back to the Stone age,  surviving but hunting. I took the gun that Gibbs gave me as a backup out of its holster and it turns out that I didn't need to own one now. My senses were magnified a million times after the capture, and I could sense animals even if they were well hidden in the forest, or well-hidden ones, like chameleons, which were always camouflaged, and I could sense them from a range of a tem-mile radius! For a bonus, I could run faster than that I had before the capture, which was quite impossible as I have trained for a long time, and which my speed had only increased a mile per hour. My feet were barely touching the ground!This could help raise the efficiency when chasing and capturing criminals. I successfully caught two deers in the woods and ate one of them raw, as the fire that I had made out of chopped wood bits had spluttered out after the first one was cooked. Honestly, I don't know what had happened to me during the capture  but it was probably because I hadn't eaten for days and now I had transformed from not dating to touch a piece of raw meat to actually eating raw food! I wiped my mouth after eating and went back to motel where McGee, Gibbs, the agent that I didn't know at first (Ellie later explained that I came to replace him and his name was Anthony DiNozzo) and Ellie.

  Ellie's POV
When I saw Torres coming back after eating, I immediately hugged him tight  willing to never let go. I winced at how strong he had become and winced at his grip, but was literally steel-like. Then I took a closer look at him and gasped. I gasped, surprised, as it was like seeing the angel himself. The new him was stunning handsome, like out of this world handsome. His irises had changed from it's original warm chocolate brown to a somehow it had a colder feeling, like a never ending tunnel with light  and it was  ocher coloured, and it shone, like a diamond in a pile of stones, resembling two pieces of recently polished amber. When he saw me staring at him, he questioned me cheekily if he had grown handsome since the last time I had seen him, and I replied, 'Heck yeah!' with a smile, but somehow half-heartedly. He saw my pool and asked me if there ws a problem, and I frog-marched him to the mirror in the washroom. I heard a gasped of shock issuing from his mouth and he flipped out completely.

'Ells, is this a joke?'

'No, I am just as surprised as you are!'

'OMG, it must've happened during the capture. The female captor, named Mina, or Wilhelmina must've did this to me.'

I was surprised and scared at the same time. I was stuck in a rollercoaster of emotions.

'What did she do? Tell me!'

' I think you might not approve of this, but she flirted with me, and had some sort of err... Physical contact with me. She injected some sort drug into my system, paralyzing me and I could just watch her do that to me.'

I flipped out. 'What?! Why didn't you tell me! Nicholas Torres, you better be honest with me now, or I swear I will kill you myself! What else have you been hiding from me?'

He sheepishly replied,'Well... Just a couple of things. I can see more clearly, listen to things more meticulously, smell things from ten miles away, and not to mention, I can run ten times faster than I had before.'

What?! 'Did she inject you with a superdrug or what?'

'I don't think so. Oh, and I know what you are thinking of right now.'

'Nicholas Torres, don't you dare joke at this time!'

'Oh, I am not joking, you are thinking of embracing me in a hug so tightly that it will crush my ribcage and you've had feelings towards me since we first met.'

I was as red as a sunburnt tomato.

'OML you really know all of this?'

'Yeah!' Came the simple answer of his.

We excused ourselves from the motel, telling the others that we had paperwork to do. Torres picked up both our stuff like it didnt weigh anything and we left.