Ch 6

Ellie's POV

OMG! I can't believe it! I'm pregnant! My instincts were correct! I called Nick, and he arrived almost immediately and we both had a rather awkward conversation.

'Hi, Ells, what's up?'

'I don't know how to break this to you, but I might know the reason behind those stomach jabs...'

His eyes shone brightly, and he asked me quizzically,

'Well, what's the reason behind that?'

'I took three pregnancy tests, and all of them came back positive, and don't ask me that, yes, it's your kid. '

He stared at me with shock, and finally the message sank in and he hugged me with surprisingly strength, which nearly cracked my ribs. I winced again, and he looked at me with a troubled look, and asked me if it hunted again, that tiny little nudger. I shook my head, and motioned that it was the bone crushing hug that he had just gave me. Then, a weird thing happened. Nick knelt down and put his hands on my flat, but gradually swelling belly, and I saw him struggling. I asked him what that was about, but he didn't reply, until he got up.

'Well, we may have a bit of a problem here, you may have to go and see a doctor about the ultrasound, because I can't see through you and can't know the condition of the kid. It"s blocking me out!'

Wait? What? The kid's blocking out Nick's vampire senses? Impossible!

'So should I go and make an appointment now or what?

'I think you should try a walk-in, the hospital's empty of patients now.'

I followed his advice, and told him to accompany me to the hospital nearby to do an ultrasound.

To my dismay, the doctor on duty, Dr Cullen, said that the ultrasound didn't show anything, and silently whispered to me.

'Is any one of you a vamp?'

I was shocked. How did he know about this?

'Well yeah, my boyfriend's one, but I am not one. What should I do, Dr Cullen?'

'You should just let it go and make it be a surprise. And don't call me Dr Cullen, call me Carlisle. '

'Dr Cu...Sorry, Carlisle, thanks for the help! I'll tell him when I see him.'

'Oh, one thing before you leave, mind if I keep in contact with you? Because I've never met a case like yours before.'

I gave him my phone number and my name. Then I left the hospital.

Nick's POV

As I told Ellie that the kid or kids are blocking me out, I advised her to go to the hospital for an ultrasound. When I saw Ellie coming out of the doc's room, I pelted her with questions about the gender and now many kids. But she said the vamp doctor told her to leave it. I was rather disappointed, as the vamp doc and his ultrasounds and visions and mine combined still couldn't see the kid or kids, you'll never know, can you?