Ch 7

Time skip to a week later...

Nick's POV

I am quite worried about Ellie's condition, as it's only two weeks after Ellie broke the news that she was pregnant, but her belly's swelling quite quickly, now it's like a balloon full of air, threatening to explode. I called Carlisle at the hospital and told him to come to Ellie's house to check if her condition is normal. He arrived in a second, bringing his various tools with him. He went to the room where Ellie was residing in, and examined her blood pressure and blood sugar. For a vampire, he could really resisting the urge to have human blood! After a quick checkup, he announced that she was fine. Suddenly, there was a high pitched scream, I recognised it as Ellie's, as we both rushed up the stairs to see what happened.

Ellie's POV

When Nick and Carlisle were chatting, the kid inside me was constantly kicking me, like it recognised the voice of its daddy. Suddenly, it started to get violent. The kid inside me was longing to get out of me, and it tried to claw open my rib cage. I tried to resist, but it was no use, I didn't have the strength to resist it, after all, it was a half vamp! So what I did was to let the kid do it's own job, and screamed out. After what seemed like an eternity, Torres and Carlisle appeared next to my bed, and re-examined me. After the examining, Carlisle had a solemn face, and told all of us in the room, that the kid was very eager to come out of me. Carlisle injected me with a sedate and anaesthetic, and he stated to work on the kid.

He took out a scalpel like the one that Ducky uses for autopsies and started operating on me to get the kid out. I fell asleep during the process, but it was Nick who told me what had happened after a woke up. According to him, Carlisle cut me open and took the kid out, and I fainted.

After quite a while, I woke up, and heard Carlisle said that J was losing blood rapidly, and there was only a way to keep me alive, which was really for the last resort. At this sentence, my eyes were started to droop, and the last thing that I heard was Carlisle telling Nick to do it.

Nick's POV

After Carlisle told me that I might have to turn Ellie into a 'you-know-what' in order for her to survive, I thought that was the last resort. As Carlisle felt that she was drifting between consciousness and unconsciousness, I knew that I had to do it. As I saw her eyes close, I heard Carlisle whisper to me, and I knew that I really had to do that to keep her alive. With Carlisle instructing me, I started the process.

Carlisle pointed out that I had to go for the neck, then the places where her major blood vessels were, which enables the venom to spread through her veins. When Carlisle told me to stop, I obeyed, and I saw that Ellie was in pain. And after a couple of minutes, she passed out. I was afraid that I was gonna lose her, but Carlisle ensured me that she was fine. Undergoing the process of Vampiration is usually when the person is unconscious. That's the best we could hope for. So we waited and waited and waited.