Final Author Note

Oh, wow, I can't believe we're here again. Feels way too fast.

Hi guys!

Thank you so much for reading Ruins. Wow, this has been so different from what I've plotted before. And even if I felt like I wrote it easily (in less than 6 months, actually) and it was short... Well, I know it wasn't.

This was so interesting to draft because half the time I had no idea what I was doing. I even have the feeling that I forgot some of the stuff I wanted to put in. Anyway, this was dark, it was emotional, and it was evil.

Once again, I didn't have time to write, read back, edit and post. I did do some editing after I finished the whole thing, but there are still so many typos I sometimes want to punch myself. Sorry about that. But at least I have a first draft I can fix later.

I kinda liked the story. It was shocking, dark and had so many twists, turns, questions and maybe even a few answers. Plus, it's a fairly interesting set up for the final book, isn't it? 

Once again, I feel like it breaks the pattern. It's different from the first four books, but also nothing like LC.

The characters are older, their lives are different and so are their experiences. It killed me that I had to kill Skye, but I felt like it was needed for Sam (as well as Christine) to complete his growth. The fact that he didn't fall into another depression speaks volumes about his improvement. And Christine... Well, she's finally the person Sam saw in her, the one he actually fell in love with.

Kyle and Kay, as well as Jimmy and Jessie are stronger than ever. And Jimmy and Jessie deserved to get each other back and have something good happening to them.

Also, Tom and Angie both learned an invaluable lesson, and maybe now they can work without it being chaotic.

Every bit of set up for the plot of the series is obviously done. Book 7 will obviously focus on finally giving you all the answers.

I know there were SO MANY BRICKS in this book, a lot of them consisting in characters dying. Or coming back to life. Or giving up on their revenge.

Yes, I've actually given you a happy ending with no strings attached this time. But how long is that going to last?

What's next?

There is no book 6.5 this time. I will be jumping straight into book 7 which takes place around four years after this one.

Yes, I know, biggest time jump yet. But I do feel our boys and girls deserve a break, at least for a while. The tie-in will be excruciating for me, but I'm doing it for you guys! Rejoice!

Regarding book seven, I've received multiple threats that good things will not happen to me if I leave you guys hanging for too long. Good news is, I'm already working on it and am nearly done with part I. So yes, I have some backlog.

However, I will not be posting it right away. I want to take a little break and write more. 

Remember how book 6 was an ultimate first draft, not even plotted properly? Well, book seven is like a slice of swiss cheese. Full of holes. So I'm convinced I'll totally shock myself. 

Those said, I might do a description, cover reveal and teaser for it once Ruins reaches 10k. If that doesn't happen any time soon, well... I'm planning to start posting in the summer, so that's still something, right? 

Until then I'll actually focus on my other projects some (I'm talking about Hearts of Stone here and the fantasy series I'm planning to turn it into).

Historical and geographical accuracy

This is surprisingly devoid of any historical facts. I just felt there was no need for them. Let's face it. The jewel basically fell into their lap.

Geography of Japan is on point (as always, I don't mess with geography). The location of the temple is, of course, made up, as is the forest of rocks around Kato's house. I just thought it would be cool.

Mandatory questions

You're never going to escape this!

So if you feel like it, I want to ask you about your favorites and if there are any changes from previous books. Trust me, these have a reason.

Favorite character?

Favorite couple?

Favorite scene?

Did you feel like there was character growth and plot evolution?

Anything you would have liked more / less of?

Anything that you feel didn't make sense or needed to be expanded on better?

Biggest change from the previous books.

And, for the very first time *drum roll*

What questions would you like book 7 to answer? (If there's something specific or you'd feel cheated if it wasn't addressed).

I want to give you all another huge thank you and a huge hug. Getting through all those books wasn't easy.

As you already know, this series is my baby and every read and comment I get on it means the world to me. I always appreciate honest feedback because there is still so much that can be improved, but I honestly and deeply hope you've enjoyed the ride.

As always, I feel like I'm forgetting something, but then again, I never go back to writing more in these things 😅.

Hope to see you in the next book so we can literally finish this crazy journey together.

Love,

Stef🌠