Preliminaries

Yes, there is more, but not much more since it's the second to last book.

Also, hoping this will be nowhere near as long and as messy as the last one. I'm keeping this one under control. (Heh! Pun)

Welcome to Ruins!

This is the sixth book in The Jewel Project series, so we're hastily heading towards the end. This also means that I need to start answering some questions rather than keep raising them... Maybe.

Down below, have some reminders regarding the characters and the plot of the previous novels.

Obviously, for those who haven't read the previous books, there will be minor spoilers and a lot of confusion. (What are you even doing here???)

Timeline

Remember the last book? Yes, the one with a 5.5 on it. Yeah, it's been about a year since then (there will also be about 3 months of time skip at the beginning here).

Main Cast

Sam Grant - twenty-two, the leader of a division of a secret agency, and mostly tasked with finding giant jewels which might or might not be precious stones. He suspects they're space rocks with energetic properties and believes there are 7 of them.

Currently finished college and teaching part time while handling his master's degree, living with his wife and three-month-old daughter.

Has been in a coma for four weeks (four years ago) so there are still some things in his memory which are a little funky.

Physical description: jet black hair, green eyes, tall and fairly well-built from all that training.

Core traits: curiosity, devotion

Abilities: anything concerning maps, history buff, leadership, plotting and planning, keeping his much wilder brothers in check, pretty proficient at keeping a low profile.

Tom Grant: Sam's twin. More laid back and with a burning desire for fun and chaos. Until he gets all dark and creepy. Unreasonably jealous. Has a blank spot in his memory and has suffered from amnesia. Currently out in the world, chasing his unreasonable ex.

Physical description: Sam's twin. A bit better build and his eyes have a blue hue to them. His sunglasses wearing habit is still there though a lot less serious. Has a scar cutting the corner of his right eyebrow, a tattoo of veins running on this back and a fleur de lis on his shoulder where he was shot.

Core traits: survival, possession

Abilities: incredible balance, parkour, voice imitation, not afraid to try dangerous stuff.

Jerry Grant: twenty-three, dubbed the scientist of the group, used mostly for healing and cooking. Always worried and moralizing. He's the parent and used to be the party pooper. A lot more laid back since getting into a relationship with Sarah. Currently living with her and working for NASA.

Physical description: jet black hair, dark brown eyes, an inch taller than Sam and Tom, normal build. Sometimes wears glasses.