chapter 14

"so are we going to talk at all tonight?" Dylan asked as we sat in the car eating ice cream "sorry" I said sitting up off the side window. "I just don't understand him sometimes" I said to Dylan "look I don't know Hardin that well, but what I do know is that ever since you two got together he seems to have changed" I looked up from my ice cream after prodding it with a spoon and smile at Dylan "you bring out the good in people Beth" he said locking eyes with me "thanks" I replied, "well you best drop me off" I said looking at the time on my phone.

"I'll see you later yeah" Dylan said as I opened the car door "yeah" I said smiling before shutting the door and walking up to the apartment.

I walked through the door to see Hardin sitting on the couch watching tv as soon as I walked in he got up and walked over to me. "I'm sorry" he said taking my hand "did you mean it?" I asked in a quiet voice "what do you mean" he replied confused "what you told me" "Beth.." he said tilting my face up with his hand I sigh and move his hand from my face "I get i- "of course I meant it" he said taking my hand once again "I've never felt this way about anyone before Beth, I think I love you" I leap into his arms and kiss him longingly and he kisses back picking me up so my legs are wrapped around his waist my feelings for this boy are getting stronger everyday, god what are you doing to me Hardin Scott?

I wake up next to Hardin and he's still asleep I place my hand on his stomach tracing my fingers around his abs before he wakes up. "Good morning" he says in a deep morning voice "good morning" I reply looking up at him he runs his fingers through my long brown hair as he says to me "dont I get a reply" I sit up looking at him confused "what do you mean?" I ask "I mean aren't you supposed to say something back when someone tells you they love you?" He asks looking into my eyes "was last night not a good enough answer?" I say smirking "hmm you may have to show me again" he says grinning at me, I laugh before getting out of bed and walking into the bathroom
"Beth your phone" Hardin says loudly as I turn on the shower "who is it" I yell back wrapping a towel around me before stepping out of the bathroom "your mum" Hardin says passing me the phone. I grab the phone from Hardin and answer to my mom "hey mom" I say down the phone "hey honey just wanted to call to catch up, how is everything?" She asks "everything's great I really like it here" "well that's great to hear honey how about that boy you were telling me about how's that going?" I look over to Hardin who looks amused at the question "it's going great mom, I'm actually with him now" I reply "well I'll let you to get back to it but before I go I'm visiting next week why don't you bring Hardin along and we can all have dinner" "that sounds..fun I'll just have to see if hardins busy at all" "okay honey well it's been great talking to you love you" "love you to mom" I reply before hanging up the phone. "Sorry about that, we don't have to go to dinner if you don't want- "it's fine, your mum sounds nice I'm sure she'll love me" Hardin says "hmm I'm not sure about that" I laugh.