chapter 23

3 years later

Beths POV:

It'd been 3 years since me and Hardin broke up, we haven't talked since. I've gotten a job at Whitlock publishing and its actually going pretty well. Im still living with my mom but she doesn't mind because she likes the company, I think she was quite lonely when I went of to college.

"Hey bitch" Chloe said as I walked into my office she was my co-worker and new best friend "so I've found a guy that I think would be perfect or you, he said he'd like to meet you Friday night?" Chloes been trying to set me up with guys for what feels like forever, I've had some on and off relationships since Hardin but nothing serious "I dunno Chloe, I'm so busy with work at the minute I don't think I have time for relationships" I said dropping a load of paperwork on my desk "come on Beth, you need to let loose have some fun" she went on "I have plenty of fun for your information" I scoffed "really, when was the last time you had sex?" She raised her eyebrows "shut up" I said sitting down "look you don't have to go on the date but come to the club with me and some friends on Friday night it'll be so much fun" she smiled "okay" she's right I do need to let loose.

Hardins POV:

It took a while for me to get over Beth and it wasn't a great process but now Ive kinda got my life together and I'm working at a company in Los Angeles I also have a new girlfriend, Taylor she's my assistant She's nice and all but I don't think it'll last.
I have a new apartment in L.A it's not amazing but it's certainly not bad. I didn't sell mine and Beths old place, all her stuffs still there and I make just enough to pay rent for both places. So I guess you could say I'm doing good for myself.

"Hey baby" Taylor said walking into my office, she put some papers on my desk and then straddled me in my chair kissing down my neck. "I'm really busy Taylor" I said as she started unbuttoning my shirt "I'll be quick" she continued to undo the buttons but I put my hand on hers to stop her "I'm not in the mood" i said more stern this time, she looked away from me and got up of my lap fixing up her lipstick before leaving my office. God she was annoying sometimes.

Beths POV:

"You wanted to see me" I said walking into mr whitlocks office "yes Elizabeth have a seat" he said signalling to the chair in front of him. "Elizabeth your work over the past 2 years here has been excellent" he smiled "thank you" I replied "so there's a promotion I'd like to offer you in our company in Los Angeles" my face lit up "yes, yes when would I start" I beamed, he's right my work has been excellent I've been working so hard lately and have been wanting a promotion for so long not to mention it's in L.A! "Next Friday, we'll pay for your flight tickets and everything like that" he explained "thank you so much mr Whitlock" I said putting my hand out "no problem Elizabeth" he replied shaking my hand.
"Guess who just got a promotion!" I cheered as I walked into my office "no way!" Chloe beamed wrapping her arms around me "I'm going to L.A!" I said hugging her tightly. "I'm so happy for you, when do you leave?" she asked "next Friday" I replied "we need to go shopping, you're going to L.A you need to look your best" she exclaimed.

After going to the mall I dropped Chloe of at her place and headed back to mine. "Mom I have the best news ever" I said walking through the door "what is it" she asked "I just got a promotion, and I'll be starting my new job in L.A next Friday!" She got up of the couch and wrapped her arms around me "I'm so proud of you!" She beamed hugging me tightly "thank you mom" I smiled "we have so much to do, we need to find you an apartment and furniture- "mom calm down I'm just gonna stay in a cheap hotel until I find a place, I've been saving for months for an apartment anyway so I'll be fine" I said cutting her off "I'm so proud of you Beth, I love you" she smiled embracing me in her arms " I love you to mom"