chapter 26

Beths POV:

I woke up to the smell of pancakes so I got up out of bed and walked into the living room. Standing with his back towards me was a shirtless Hardin wearing only grey sweat pants and making pancakes, even when he has his back to me he looks hot. Stop it Beth.
"why are you up so early?" I asked walking towards him "good morning to you to princess" he replied turning around to face me "I made breakfast" he said sliding a pancake from the pan onto a plate "sorry, I'm not really a breakfast person" I sat down on a seat at a small table "that's why I made you this" he put down a coffee with whipped cream and caramel drizzle on the top "thanks" I smiled as he sat down opposite me.

Hardins POV:

"So how are things with you and Taylor" she asked twirling her straw in the coffee "it's nothing serious, why" She looked up from her coffee and met my gaze "so what would she think about me being here?" She took a sip of the coffee her eyes not leaving mine "i mean can I not have friends" I tried to justify myself, she raised her eyebrow at me "friends?" Her voice was so soft yet flirtatious at the same time. she wiped some whipped cream of the corner of her mouth and licked it of her finger fuck why did she have to look so hot doing everything. "I don't think we're gonna be friends" she said before getting up out of her seat and walking back to her room. What was this girl doing to me.

Beths POV:

I got changed into the same clothes as yesterday and brushed my hair putting it up in a ponytail. I entered the bathroom hoping to find a spare toothbrush when I saw Hardin standing with a towel around his waist and his hair all wet, fuck he looked hot. "My eyes are up here princess" he said tilting my face up with his fingers, I scoffed brushing his hand off from under my chin "do you have a spare toothbrush" I asked. He opened the bathroom cabinet and pulled out a toothbrush still in its packet and handed it to me "thanks" I said opening it, we brushed our teeth together in an awkward silence before I walked out of the room. "Are you ready" he asked walking in the living room "yeah" I replied picking my bag up from the counter.
The drive to work was awkward I avoided eye contact with Hardin by staring out the window, he tried to make conversation a few times but I kinda wasn't interested "can you drop me here" I said a few blocks away from the building "why just let me drive you to the entrance" Hardin continued to drive "oh yeah it's gonna look great going into work with your boss on your first week, oh and who has a girlfriend" i said sarcastically "Beth it's no big deal" he continued to drive "Hardin, just drop me off here" I spoke in a more soft tone looking at him, he turned his head to face me and parked on the side of the curb "thanks" I picked  my bag up from beneath me. I was just about to shut the car door when he spoke "Beth" his eyes met mine "yeah" I answered "I'm sorry, for everything" I knew he meant it all I wanted to do was get back in the car and hug him forever-  "I know, I forgive you" -but I can't. I smiled before shutting the car door.

Hardins POV:

After telling me she forgave me I actually felt hope like maybe I could win her back no matter how long it takes.
I sat down at my desk and there was a knock at the door "come in" I said and Taylor walked through the door "hey" she walked up to me and I stood up "why didn't you call me last night" she pecked me on the lips "my phone was dead" I lied "all night?" She questioned "Taylor we need to talk" she was not gonna take this well "about what?" She asked confused "us" I replied "what's wrong?" She pushed her hands through my hair "I think we should break up" shit she didn't look happy "what why, is this about that new girl is that who you were with last night?" She practically yelled "no, I just don't think we're right for each other" I was not dragging Beth into this "are you fucking kidding me Hardin, I was great to you" "I know I'm sorry" I looked down at the floor "whatever" she scoffed "fuck you hardin" she shouted before storming out of the room. Well that went great I was just about to sit back down when I heard another knock at the door, can I have any peace. Before I could say anything Beth walked in the room "here" she handed me the manuscripts "I think you forget I'm your boss sometimes, why don't you try being more polite" I smirked "no thanks" she smiled back "I saw Taylor crying, trouble in paradise?" She asked "I broke up with her" I put the manuscripts on my desk "what, why" is she kidding me, why "why do you care" I moved closer toward her "I don't" she smirked up at me "keep telling yourself that" I whispered into her ear making her take a quick breath in. "So what now just have sex with every other girl that works here" her eyes locked with mine "no actually, there's only one girl I'm thinking about" I smirked "oh really, and who is this girl" she closed the space between us and traced her fingers down my shirt, fuck even just one touch turned me on "well she has this long dark hair, pretty face and this amazing body" I put my hands on her hips "and don't get me started on that mouth of hers" I leaned my face in closer to hers so our lips were almost touching "she already sounds to good for you" she said softly "oh she is" if I leaned in any closer our lips would touch "well good luck with that" she removed herself from my grip and left the room leaving me lonely without her touch.

hi guys, I'm going on holiday tomorrow so I won't be posting for a while but when I'm back I promise you some saucy chapters. Love you all!