chapter 27

Beths POV:

The rest of the week flew by, Hardin would flirt and I would do my best to shut it down..sometimes. I checked out some apartments during the week and I actually put an offer in for one it's not amazing but it'll do.

I pack my bag for the weekend, a few nice dresses so I have things to choose from and some casual wear for the daytime. Once I was done packing I got an Uber to work I stepped out of the car and saw Hardin and mr and mrs woods, the owners of the fucking company!! "Pleasure to meet you miss brookes" mr woods shakes my hand "it's good to meet you to sir, and ma'am" I reach out and shake her hand "please just call me Mary" she smiled "well here's our ride" mr woods made his way to the car and I followed Hardin beside me. "So what are we actually going to be doing there" Hardin hadn't gave me much information "well tonight we will be having dinner with members of our other companies around the country" no way Chloe might be coming, I need to talk to her ASAP "and tomorrow we're going to the club, just because we've been working hard" mr woods explained I grabbed my phone out of my bag and text Chloe

me:
hey Chlo are you in malibu for this event tonight?

Chloe:
yeah, are you?

me:
YESSS

Chloe:
Omg I'm so excited I miss you sm!

me:
I know me to see you tonight, love ya

Chloe:
love ya

now that Chloe is coming I'm actually pretty excited I mean me and Chloe plus dinner with alcohol, that sounds fun.

Hardins POV:

I saw her smiling at her phone, god her smile was beautiful "who are you texting?" She looked up at me "Chloe, she's going to be a dinner tonight" she put her phone in her bag. "How's your mum" I tried making small talk, she smiled looking away from me and then looking back "she's fine" she replied "does she miss me" she rolled her eyes "not one bit"
"Ouch, I thought all mums loved me" I smirked "well not mine" she yawned closing her eyes. Well I guess the conversations over.
after a few minutes her head fell on my shoulder, I didn't move it her hair smelt like the strawberry shampoo she used to use. I started to doze off my head falling on hers.

Beths POV:

"Wake up love birds" I opened my eyes slightly to feel my head on Hardin shoulder and his head on mine. I moved my head up slightly causing him to wake up so I move my head completely "Are we here" I avoided eye contact with Hardin "yes, come on" Tom (mr woods) said getting out of the car. I got out of the car and got my stuff from the trunk and we made our way into the most beautiful hotel. We made our way to the reception desk and mr and mrs woods got the key to their room first "we'll meet down here at 7" Mary said before they walked of to their room "mr Scott here's your key your on the third floor I hope you two enjoy the room" the receptionist smiled before handing Hardin a key "oh we're not sharing a room" I explained confused to him "there's only one room under Hardin Scott" the receptionists eyes looked up from the computer "is there any more rooms free?" I asked "I'm sorry ma'am we're all booked" I looked over to see a grin plastered on Hardins face and when he noticed me he faced the floor "that's fine" I put on a smile as I talked to the receptionist before he told me to enjoy my stay and we walked off.
"Are you fucking kidding me" I waited till we got into the elevator before I started shouting at him "I swear I booked two rooms" he tried to explain "oh really" I nodded sarcastically "Beth I didn't need to book one room either way you were going to end up crawling into bed with me" he shortened the space between us coming closer to me "get over yourself" I scoffed and the elevator doors opened. We made our way to our room and Hardin unlocked the door, I looked around the room to find only one bedroom "you have got to be joking me" I can't believe this is happening to me. "Oh you think this is funny" I looked over to see Hardin laughing looking at the floor "not at all" he looked up at me "you can sleep on the couch" I said putting my bags on the floor "what why" is he for real "because we're not sharing a bed that's why" I explained "scared you won't be able to keep your hands off me because I don't mind" he smirked "I think it would be the other way round actually"
I went into the bathroom and put some light makeup on, I touched up my waves from this morning and got changed into a long black dress with a slit in one of the legs I reached around the back of the dress to zip it up but it was jammed ffs. "Hardin" I yelled and he walked into the bathroom "can you zip me up please" I asked and he made his way over to me and moved my hair over my arm his fingers brushing against me, his touch was like electric. He zipped the dress up slowly "you look beautiful" he almost whispered, he was so close I could feel his hot breath on my neck making me shiver "thank you, you don't look to bad yourself" he picked up my necklace from the counter top "you should wear this" he put the necklace on me and put my hair over my back. He traced his fingers over my shoulder and down my arm they traveled further down my body to my waist, his body was pressed against my back and I could smell the heavenly scent of his cologne.  His fingers ran down the side of my body until they reached my bare leg I hitched in a breath at the feel of his touch on my skin and quickly turned myself around "we're going to be late" I said before picking up my bag and getting out of the bathroom.
I ran my hands through my hair and took a deep breathe I have to be strong I can't give into him "ready" he asked entering the living room I nodded and we left.

"You both look amazing" Mary said as we walked down the stairs "thank you, so do you guys" I smiled "well let's go everyone's waiting for us" Tom said and we followed him into a beautiful dining room. People were scattered all around the outside of the table "go and mingle you two before dinner starts" mr woods said and with that I went off to go and find Chloe. She was standing next to a table with champagne on her own I laughed walking up to her "hey girl" I said wrapping my arms around you "oh my god I've missed you so much" she said squeezing me tight "I know me too" I replied "let's have a drink and you can tell me about all the drama" she said pouring me a glass of champagne "don't even get me started" I groaned and she handed my the glass "spill"  "well him and his girlfriend are through so he's been none stop flirting, and now somehow we've ended up sharing a room" I downed the rest of my drink "wow" were the only words to come out of her mouth "hello ladies" a familiar voice spoke "Chloe this is Hardin" he shook her hand "I just came to say that diner is about to start" he said before wandering off "he's hot" Chloe spoke as we went to take our seats "he's the enemy Chloe" but she's right "he's still hot"
I ended up sitting opposite Hardin, not great but it's better than sitting next to him. Mr woods made a speech and I tried to pay attention but my eyes kept looking over at Hardin and I feel his eyes on me whenever I turned away.

I managed to keep chit chat with Hardin during dinner to a minimum, after dinner we all entered a different room which had a bar and a few tables for people to sit at "Elizabeth" I heard a familiar voice and turned to see me Whitlock "mr Whitlock good to see you" I said shaking his hand "how's the job going" he asked taking a sip of his wine "it's going amazing, I can't thank you enough" I smiled and someone approached us "Hey Beth" Harry was one of my good friends where I was working back home "hey how've you been" I said bringing him into a hug.
Mr Whitlock had walked off to another group of people which just left me and Harry "I'm good, how are you how's L.A" he asked as we let go from the hug "it's great I just need to get a place" as Harry and I continued to talk I felt the need to pee so I excused myself and walked off to find the restroom.

As I was washing my hands I heard the door opening "excuse me someone's in here" I said politely. I saw none other than Hardins reflection in the mirror but before I could walk out his hands gripped the counter beside me leaving me trapped "Hardin move" I said arrogantly "who was that guy you were talking to" I flipped myself around so I was facing him "why does it matter to you?" I asked "just answer the question Beth" god why does my name sound so hot coming out of his mouth "he's a friend" I replied "a friend" he repeated unconvinced "yes Hardin a friend because believe it or not not all guys want to get in my pants" I said almost yelling now "you'd be surprised" he spoke calmly "oh my god" i scoffed pushing him off me and walking away. What a great way to end the night