'2.0 - WORSE THAN THE DEVIL.

| CHAPTER TWO |

| CHAPTER TWO |

they say the devil doesn't come
in a red cape and pointy horns.

he comes as everything
you've ever wished for.

but in your story,
he came as both.

"SEIZE HER!" another yelled.

the men, or more accurately the creatures, had green and yellow scales covering their arms, legs, and cheeks. skeleton masks were covering the the top half of their faces. they had hoof where their feet should have been and thick hair on every part of their body not covered in scales. their bloodlust was thick and heavy, weighing the air down. so palpable you could cut through it.

you dodged the first two attackers and explained "i'm not here to hurt you. i've only come as part of the program to save a fallen one."

"oh, we know." another said.

you noticed a fourth guy walking out from behind a large boulder. his long hair stopping at his waist and eyes with slitted pupils both matched the red of the lava dripping from the walls. other than his red scales and claws, he seemed to resemble a person in every other way. but he kept his distance, watching the scene unfold in front of him.

"we saw those big beautiful wings of yours. i bet they're worth a lot in the black market." one of the creatures exclaimed excitedly, diverting your attention away from the mysterious red head.

you furrowed your brows in confusion "black market?"

he licked his lips as his eyes looked up and down your body, feeding off of your fear and enchanted by your form. delicious, he thought. "maybe we can play with our new toy a bit before cutting off her wings."

your eyes widened as you reeled back in horror. cut your wings? you couldn't let that happen. without your wings you could never return. "wait-"

taking advantage of your now lowered guard due to the shock, two of the creatures grabbed each of your wrists and shoved you closer to the third who seemed to be their boss.

"nice dress." he muttered under his breath and trailed a long finger along the outline of it, the sharp claw almost cutting through the thin material of your gown.

your sleeves had fallen off your shoulders from the commotion and that was enough for the boss's eyes to cloud with desire. just like the way many men had looked at you before, thinking they could take whatever they wanted. but you'd always successfully fought them off.