'34.0 - LET'S DANCE.

| CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR |

"forgive me."

"COME ON, BOYS."

you unsheathed the sword of shadows and smiled when you saw the hesitancy in the eyes of the twenty guardians in front of you. one even took a step back.

"let's dance." and dance you did. for every step you took towards them, they took one back. but that wasn't an issue.

"shoto," you called out and he already knew what to do.

you watched as the ice traveled across the ground, with purpose and speed, and spread towards the soldiers until it held their feet in place.

then you walked to them slowly, with a teasing smile. to their credit, none of them begged for mercy. they could see the look in your eyes held none. so you cut their throats, one by one, and wondered if they'd die of blood loss or the shadows racing to their hearts first.

"venus."

you turned around to see your trainer, the angel who'd put you down, punished you every chance he got and treated you like the dirt beneath his boots.

"axton. i would say it's good to see you again, but it really isn't."

"you ungrateful, whore." axton spat.

"oh, come on. you haven't seen me for months and that's the best you could do? get a bit more creative, old geezer."

"you will pay for this." axton threatened as a new group of soldiers gathered around him. "finish them!" he ordered them before turning to you "but don't touch her. she's mine." he flashed you a manic smile, finally dropping his facade of composure, before charging.

you brought the sword of shadows up just in time to block your trainer's attack. he was bigger than you, had more experience too. but you were quicker and your weapon as more deadly.

as you exchanged blows, you noticed the number of bodies around you increasing. whites and blacks clashing against each other. but you couldn't help but feel like the number of whites were overwhelmingly more. where were your soldiers?

having your mind on the armies cost you a cut to your cheek. the blow shocked you, but you blocked the next, holding your sword with both hands as you tried to push back the strength axton had put behind that attack.