'29.0 - WHATEVER THE PRICE.

| CHAPTER TWENTY NINE |

"you want a fight?
i'll bring you war."

"ABSOLUTELY NOT."

"setsuna" you pleaded again.

"i said no!"

you were on the brink of giving up. it hadn't taken long for setsuna to confess that she was indeed lucifer's daughter.

but she'd had to explain unlike the powerful prince, she couldn't change someone's fate on her own. apparently, you had to be blessed by the gods to do something of that scale.

still, she had the ability to send a message to the dark gods, the gods of the underworld, the ones whom everyone claimed were sleeping.

"i would do anything." you tried again.

"you have absolutely lost your mind! who in their right mind would wake up immortal beings who were known for wreaking havoc only to plead for a life that might not even be in danger?" she frustrated and looking at you like you were speaking a completely different language.

"i would!"

"well you're absolutely crazy! and i love you too much to let you endanger yourself like that."

"i love him, suna. if you love me, you have to know why i must do this. and if you're not going to help me, i will find someone else who's willing. do i need to remind you zel mentioned children." you felt shitty bluffing you would go to her half siblings. the truth was you didn't have the time.

but apparently setsuna could see through your bullshit. she only narrowed her eyes but didn't deny having other half-siblings nor did she make any comments about your bluff.

then she shook her head and sighed "you don't get it. these aren't like your gods in the heavens who grant wishes and offer health and happiness. these are dark gods. you can't find any being eviler."

"i don't care. i said whatever the price i'd pay."

"it's not about that. they like twisting words. if you plead to lose weight, you might wake up the next day with one of your legs cut off. they most certainly grant wishes but in their own fucked up way while laughing at you from whatever hole they live in. eventually people stopped praying to them and might i add for good reason, and they went to sleep."