'24.0 - BRING THEM WAR.

| CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR |

once you see through
an illusion, you can't
unsee it.

so why did you
still want him?

YOUR HEART WAS LOSING ITS MIND AND YOUR MIND WAS RACING. you gulped in a large breath of oxygen but it did nothing to ease the tightness in your chest.

your fingers laced together mindlessly in the hopes of putting a cease to their uncontrollable trembling.

you had just left bakugou, the proud half demon, in the library. you'd walked right out of there as if he didn't just shatter you into pieces before putting you back together.

you left like you didn't care about him at all when he was the one constant thought in your head from the moment you opened your eyes and later in your dreams.

a part of you was disappointed he didn't come after you, chase you down the hall and call out your bullshit.

but another part of you was relieved. because you knew if he'd come and forced you to face the truth, face what really laid in that gaping hole where your heart used to be before he took it for himself, you might've fallen in his arms willingly. happily even. rejoicing in his lies and all the pain they caused you. an addict getting her fix even though she knows it'll only hurt her more.

the tiles and walls and corridors were all a blur. lines morphing into indecipherable shapes.

when you finally saw the familiar outline of the door to your bedroom, you practically ran the remaining distance.

your fingers fumbled with the handle, still a tad shaky, but you managed to step in and slam the door shut behind you immediately.

you were safe now. from him at least. because even though the small barrier separating you from the rest of the house was enough to keep him out, it was no protection against yourself. your thoughts, your feelings, your desire.

still, the distance seemed to have been enough for your lungs to finally remember how to function properly. 

in
and
out.

you breathed, but your mind was still reeling. you closed your eyes to steady yourself but your brain betrayed you and flashed images of his face behind your closed lids.