'35.0 - I'LL BE WAITING.

| CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE |

"you touched my heart and soul,
before i even knew what your
touch feels like."

STRAIGHT OUT OF YOUR NIGHTMARES.

tanned skin and blue eyes with hair as perfect as always, not a strand were out of his tight ponytail even in the midst of battle.

you saw him before you heard him say "i've been waiting for you. you're mine."

but he wasn't seeing you, wasn't even looking at you. camael's attention was on katsuki.

your heart almost stopped in your chest when you saw him unsheathe the sword by his waist, your sword, the sword of shadows, the one your father had knocked out of your hand, and between your bloodless and excitement of seeing katsuki you'd totally forgotten about.

"katsuki" you warned.

"i know." was all he said before unsheathing the sword of light himself.

your lungs betrayed you with every breath as they stubbornly refused to take in air.

two legendary swords against one another. one of light and one of darkness.
two legendary fighters. one an angel and one a halfling.

both men were experienced swordsmen, trained from a young age. your old and new lover only exchanged a look before lunging at each other.

you watched in panic as their weapons clashed. the battle around you had slowed down, you had tunnel vision with katsuki at the end of it, fighting for his life, for yours, for your future together.

when camael almost cut bakugou, you screamed. and that was your first mistake. because then he saw you. those green eyes shone with the promise of revenge, prophesized the pain he was about to deliver.

then he smiled, a lop-sided manic one that forced you a step back.

camael immediately went on the offensive, pushing katsuki one, two, three, four steps back, until they were closer to you, until he could've reached you if he jumped a few feet forward and katsuki's huge body wasn't blocking him.

then it happened. you didn't miss a second of it. you heard a sob, a wail, as camael aimed for katsuki's side. the ash-blond went for a block as quickly as any experienced soldier would.

but he failed to see camael's plan as you did. you'd seen it in his eyes earlier, so you knew, you knew it was a feign, you knew camael was actually aiming for you, and once bakugou realized that, you knew he wouldn't let you get hurt.

you could still hear the wail as camael pierced katsuki's shoulder with the sword of shadows. you watched wide-eyes as the ash blond's knees buckled and he dropped to the ground.

it took you a few seconds to realize the sob, the wailing, was coming out of your mouth. the scream of agony was yours. camael turned around, put his back to you. that was his big mistake.

because your body had thought on its own when it bent down and picked up katsuki's sword, repercussions be damned. your scream didn't cease, your tears didn't stop, but camael ignored you, high off of the euphoria of his newest glory.

so you drove the sword of light into his back, easily. and fell backward as the weapon rejected you.

katsuki was the rightful owner. you knew the sword was deadly to anyone who took it by force. but you cursed the heavens and hells and camael as you used it anyways.

once on your back, you turned and you crawled toward katsuki.

you had minutes, maybe seconds.

"idiot" katsuki gritted out between ragged breaths. his face had contorted into one of extreme pain. he bit his bottom lip to stop himself from crying out.

you ignored him and instead said "you know what i asked the gods when i stopped at the temple of eros earlier?" you asked him with tear-stained cheeks as he gulped in shallow breaths.

"what, angel face?"

"i prayed to them to never separate you from me." you let out a dark chuckle as blood spilled from your mouth "for once it seems they listened."

"y/n-"

"shhh. i know. i'd do it all over again too."

the veins in katsuki's neck were black with shadows and growing to his jaw, you knew he was close to the end.

so you lied next to him and smiled at him, even as your body was on fire, the pain almost unbearable, you still smiled for him "we'll be okay."

pretty lies. you both knew it.

he managed a small dip to his chin, all he could manage was a nod in his state "i'll find you in the next life like i did in this one."

your chest shook with your next sob, and pain shot through your chest. your heart was squeezing in agony. you wanted to tell him everything you felt for him, everything you wanted to do, how much you appreciated him.

but you knew it was too late as you stared into his lifeless eyes. the once bright fire in them now died out.

still, with your last breaths, you whispered "i'll be waiting."

and then everything went black.

in case you ever foolishly forget:
i am never not thinking of you