FUN FACT FRIDAY #1

Hello everyone! And welcome to the first Fun Fact Friday! And today we're talking about... *cue drum roll lol*

(I didn't make the GIF, a friend of mine did

(I didn't make the GIF, a friend of mine did. Note: There will be spoilers to Sokovian Siblings, so if you haven't read it, I suggest you do and come back to this.)

Right, as you can see this story is the first one I posted, I never anticipated for it to be as popular as it became today. Considering I've only been writing for about four years now, I'm way better than I use to be, my old stuff is so cringe. Lol. Okay, so originally, the story was only going to be about Wanda and Pietro, no Peter, and no OC.

But after getting inspired by my friend and editor Sarah, who wrote a similar story but discontinued it. The idea stemmed from there, I thought of doing the whole OC (Original Character) route, but ultimately decided it wouldn't work since there were thousands of stories with an OC as their sibling, and I was like: "Well, I don't want to be like everyone else. So why don't I make Peter their sibling? He's a beloved a character and it'd be fun to do that instead of make an OC."

I already knew I was going to write it in the timeline of the MCU, all I needed to do was make a few fillers but still connect the story and keep you guys interested. But as soon as I posted the prologue I was amazed at how in just under 48 hours a bunch of people (mainly my friends) were telling me how good it was and how creative it was to make Peter their little brother and not go down the OC trope.

And before you get on my case, it is totally fine if you write an OC as Wanda and Pietro's sibling, after all, it is your story. And I'm sure it's great! It just wasn't something I wanted to do as a writer. Currently SS (Sokovian Siblings) has 98k reads and 2k votes, the only reason it hasn't been updated lately is because, 1. I'm waiting for Spider-Man No Way Home to come out and continue the story.

2. I have other stories to work on, and 3. I somewhat lost motivation to keep continuing the plot. I didn't want seem like I was lazy by not writing it or seem like I was letting you all down. So in the latest chapter, there's a note saying that the book would be on hiatus for a while. I will eventually have to go back in and edit the Endgame chapters, as I wrote them before Endgame was released (all we had was the title at the time.). But yeah, that's pretty much it, story wise, moving onto ✨characters✨

Character #1: PETER MAXIMOFF

I knew exactly how I wanted Peter's character to play out

I knew exactly how I wanted Peter's character to play out. At first he was just the youngest Maximoff, having been thrust into the superhero life with his older siblings. He then became the main character, most of my readers were confused, asking: "Wait- why doesn't Peter have powers?" Or "I thought Peter was a main character?".

He WAS a main character, I just needed to trick the readers into thinking Peter wouldn't play a huge role in it overall. Fun fact his nickname came from Pietro, Mysh, means little mouse in Russian, which was a nod to him (once we got to the flashbacks of his life before the avengers) being the weakest link out of him, Wanda, and Pietro.

He never had powers in the prologue, but he did in the chapter bringing up the accords, he kept them a secret from everyone, including Wanda. Who, of course was angry when she found out, but nonetheless it didn't matter, since she was on the run like in the movie.

I stuck true to the movies even including dialogue from them, but I definitely wanted the readers to focus on Peter while Wanda was off with the rogue avengers. So the readers got more insight to how Peter was dealing with being by himself, as his brother passed on and his sister abandoned him.

Character #2: WANDA MAXIMOFF

Wanda's character was harder for me to write, only because Peter and I have similar personality traits, but Wanda is awesome, and I wanted to make her strong, protective, but also have a vulnerable side

Wanda's character was harder for me to write, only because Peter and I have similar personality traits, but Wanda is awesome, and I wanted to make her strong, protective, but also have a vulnerable side. I couldn't make her a brick wall, the story wouldn't be interesting if I did.

I think when Pietro died, and Peter was the only person she had left, was when she sort of started screwing up. Like for instance, when Peter said he wouldn't come with her to be a fugitive, she was like: "Alright, I'm gonna head out then." Which was out of character, and that's my bad, but I think it was important for her to do that, because it's what happened in the movie, and I kind of wanted to set her up for something more if that makes sense.

She literally left her brother because she didn't agree with Tony on signing the accords, but we're not getting into that subject as this would be WAY too long lol. Wanda is the complete opposite of Peter, she's afraid of hurting people, unable to control her abilities and is led by her emotions. Whereas Peter, sure he's afraid of hurting others, he mostly thinks with his head.

In a flashback the readers learn Peter didn't actually want to go through and be one of HYDRA's guinea pigs, he wanted to just live his life and be a kid. But unfortunately, he had to grow up quickly, and adapt to survive if he ever wanted to escape.

And when Infinity War hit, I knew Peter needed to stay on earth for a reunion and for a gut wrenching death scene where Peter dies and Wanda wasn't able to save him.

That's when she felt truly alone, her only family member was dead and so was the man (cyborg) she loved was also dead. And although I completely messed up the Endgame chapters, I will re write them. It'll just take me a minute before that's sorted out.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the first of many Fun Fact Fridays! I'm Mia, signing off, over and out my internet peeps! 😁