Rant #2

As you all know or should know i have autism and if you don't I'll tell you what it is. The range and severity of symptoms can vary widely. Common symptoms include difficulty with communication, difficulty with social interactions, obsessive interests, and repetitive behaviors.

Symptoms are: inappropriate social interaction, poor eye contact, compulsive behavior, impulsivity, repetitive movements, self-harm, or persistent repetition of words or actions

Developmental: learning disability or speech delay in a child

Cognitive: intense interest in a limited number of things or problem paying attention

Psychological: unaware of others' emotions or depression

Also common: anxiety, change in voice, sensitivity to sound, or tic

Guys i don't want you thinking you have this without a proper diagnosis. I'm not mad but I'm just saying. I was only diagnosed with autism a few months ago and before when i was in school and was just a little kid i didn't know i had autism but i knew i acted differently than my peers. And of course i was picked on because i was different.

I didn't know what autism was until last year i did my own research and came to the conclusion that i have autism. At the time i was watching "The Good Doctor" where the main character has autism and becomes a surgeon i recommend watching it it's really good.

I've never met an autistic person or made friends in real life with the condition but I'd like to but this is a rant so my problem is with the autism awareness puzzle piece. That is offensive to me and other autistic people around the world you wanna know why?

Because people act like we're broken or missing a piece of ourselves and it's frustrating because some people think autism is a disease and that we need to be "fixed" for the longest time i've had to mask my condition because others around me would call me weird or something like that i didn't understand why i was acting like that when i was little but the world has a hard time accepting things like that.

I've been told i think too rigidly, I'm too blunt or I need to be more flexible but those things about me aren't going to change and that's not something i can help. One thing you guys have to know about me i mean if you knew me in real life is when I'm too overwhelmed I go into this thing i call "sensory overload" and i shutdown i can go days without talking it could be as small as someone messing up the order of the way i set the cups up in my cabinet or as big as going to the grocery store,

And getting overwhelmed over the beeping sound of the cash swiping system, people talking down the aisle, cashiers talking to customers or other employees, the intercom, the music playing, my mom or grandma talking to me even how bright the lights are. I can't go to public places without bringing my phone and headphones because of how loud everything is. Whenever I'm talking to others all day straight i get a social hangover. I sometimes repeat what I'm saying and i don't realize it.

I just want you guys to understand me and my condition a little more i guess a lot of you guys are people i talk to every day and you know how i am but there are things that are hard for me to understand.

Such as emotions i can tell if someone is sad or mad but when it comes to me being that way around that person i have to fake those emotions even when i don't feel them myself. My friends in real life and even you guys don't treat me differently than some would you all accept me for me and for that I'm grateful. You guys aren't probably reading this anyway.

I love you all and if you have any questions for me about this rant/topic i'll answer them best as i can. I'm KC signing off.

Over and Out my internet peeps 💜