Chapter 21 - Happy Birthday Jackson / Stuck With U

August 29th, 1987
Ariana's POV
-
I woke up with a smile on my face, excited to greet and give the birthday boy nothing but love on his special day. I knew he didn't do much celebrating on his birthday but I wanted to make the day special for him.

Michael had been working his tail off rehearsing for the tour and making sure his album was perfect for its release in two days. He needed a break, and we needed to spend quality time together due to us both working. I've since left the club and decided to work on my music career, I had music videos scheduled along with some TV interviews before I was set to leave with Michael on tour.

Michael wasn't too fond of the interviews, he knew that since we were together they would try to say bad things about me as well, and he seemed to care for it more than I did. I was genuinely happy with Michael and my life, I felt like nothing was in my way to make me think otherwise.

I hopped out of bed and made my way into the bathroom to freshen up for the day. I made sure I got up super early so I could be up and ready before Michael. Michael was an early bird so it was a challenge fighting myself to get up out of bed this morning. After showering, I threw on a oversized grey sweater and jeans with a simple pair of black heels. Of course I would dress nicer later tonight for the plans I arranged for us.

I fixed my hair into a half up half down style with a natural makeup look and made my way to Michael's room to wake him if he wasn't already, it was around seven in the morning at this point. I knocked on his door lightly and awaited a response from him, I heard nothing so I turned the door knob slowly and opened the door, "Michael?" I called out as I pushed open his door.

I could hear his shower running as I walked in and shut his door behind me. I smiled to myself as I heard him singing the song we created together, nothing made me happier than hearing him sing or listening to that song. It was ours. Our love story.

"Michaelll.." I called out. His singing came to a stop and I heard the water turn off before Michael soon walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, his curls dripping and hanging in his face, beads of water left over on his body. I could just jump onto him right now.

A huge smile was plastered on his face as he walked towards me, examining me from head to toe.

"You look absolutely gorgeous this morning," He kissed my forehead tenderly, I could feel his wet body pressed against mine slightly, "What's the occasion?" Michael smirked.

I chuckled before I playfully pushed his shoulder, "You tell me, birthday boy." I teased. I leaned in for a kiss earning a loving one from Michael, "Happy birthday, it's your day. And we have the whole house to ourselves this evening." I cheesed at Michael. I was nervous for his response, I know he didn't celebrate his birthdays. But from his reaction and his genuine eyes, I could tell he was excited.

"Really the whole house? Where is everyone?" He replied.

"Let's just say I kept them busy." I smirked earning a laugh from Michael.

"Should I be concerned?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"No, Michael." I laughed, "Get dressed, chop chop. We can't miss a second of today's plans."

"What am I gonna do with you, crazy girl?" Michael pressed his lips against my forehead before he made his way into his walk in closet to get dressed. I waited for him and made myself comfortable by sitting on his bed. It was much more bigger and comfortable than mine. I kicked off my heels and laid across the bed for a moment enjoying the comfort of his bed.

"You look comfortable." Michael's familiar voice deeper than usual.

I jumped slightly before sitting up on the bed, "Your bed is so comfy and soft. I feel like I could lay here forever."