Chapter 5 - Feelings

Ariana's POV
February 12th, 1987
-
I smiled warmly as I noticed the person I'd mostly been performing for tonight walking towards me. He smirked as he approached me, grabbing both of my hands. Our same height made it easy for me to lock eyes with him.

"What were you trying to do to me out there?" He questioned, in a quiet tone.

"It was nothing," I teased him not breaking eye contact.

"It was something." He raised his eyebrows, looking me up and down slowly. Prince did that often, of course I didn't mind, I just got super nervous every time he did, "You did amazing though." His eyes shining at me.

"Thank you," I gave his two hands a tight squeeze, before Jane walked up to both of us, giving me a look of excitement, "Oh, this is my friend Jane." I gestured me hand to Jane standing beside me, she waved nervously.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Prince." He told her holding his hand out for Jane to shake. She took his hand gently and gave it a shake.

"It's an honor to meet you." She smiled proudly, Prince returned the kind gesture and nodded genuinely.

"Thank you." He said simply.

"Ariana, I gotta run, it's getting late. You did amazing tonight!" Jane brought me into an embrace hugging tightly.

"Okay, I'll call you tomorrow morning." I held her just as tight before she dismissed herself, giving me the opportunity to look back at Prince who was already looking at me.

"Cmon," He grabbed my hand and guided me to his chosen destination.

"Where are we going?" I asked, earning nothing but silence from Prince. After a few turns backstage, he pushed open a door that had his name on the outside.

His dressing room?

As I was about to step inside, I met eyes with Michael briefly as he stood at the end of the small hallway. He swallowed hard and turned to walk the opposite direction. Guilt immediately came over me as I closed the door behind me, I tried to brush it off as I watched Prince sit down at his desk to face me.

"What's wrong?" He asked, guessing he saw the worried look on my face.

"Oh nothing, I just saw someone out there before I walked in here." I pointed at the door.

"Who was it?" He furrowed his brows.

"It was Michael, I'm guessing he was trying to talk to me but when he saw me walk in here with you, he just walked away." I explained to him, taking a seat on the small couch he had set up in his room.

"Do you like him?" He blurted, a serious look on his face.

"What? No, we're just friends-" Before I could say anything else, Prince had cut me off.

"Can't tell you how many times I've heard that." He scoffed as he shook off his jacket, revealing his plain white tank top.

I gave him a confused look, "What are you trying to say?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"Nothing," He shrugged before walking over to me, he was now standing over me as I continued to sit on the couch with my arms folded, "Go out with me." He told me simply holding a strong gaze.

I gave Prince a confused look, but on the inside I felt nothing but butterflies, "You're serious?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" He licked his lips.

I laughed softly to myself before looking up at Prince, "Let's go out."

He flashed a cheeky smile before sitting down next to me on the couch, "So it's a date?"