Chapter 43 - The Afterparty - Part 2

Ariana's POV
-
After speaking with Michael for that brief moment, I couldn't help but to walk away wishing he said more. After all, we haven't seen each other in almost six months. I know we've been broken up for a while now, but something didn't feel right. There was still tension between us, we just don't know what to say or do, at least I thought. Maybe he was actually moved on and didn't want to talk about us anymore, and if that's the case, I need to hurry and do the same for myself.

"Hey, I saw you talking to Michael. What did he say?" Tatiana asked, walking up to me.

I sighed, "Nothing really. I complimented his home, and we talked about my performance, then he told me that he's glad that I'm happy." I shrugged.

"He didn't like, beg for your forgiveness like he usually does?" Tatiana asked through her laughs.

I laughed, "No he didn't, he's probably moved on. It's been six months, you know." I tried to brush it off.

Tatiana nodded, "That's good though right, that's what you wanted?"

I groaned and threw my head back, "I don't know, I really don't," I replied lifting my head, "When I don't see him, I'm okay. I don't even think about him that much. But seeing him now," I said, looking over my shoulder to look over at Michael. He was still standing in the same spot, already looking in my direction, "It changes everything, look at how he's looking at me, Tatiana." I continued with a sad tone to my voice, "What do I do?"

Tatiana grabbed my shoulder, "You move on. Are we forgetting what he's done to you?"

"I know, I'm reminded everyday of what he's done. I guess, I just want closure if it's really gonna be over."

"I can understand that, but don't chase him for that, ok? He isn't the prize, you are."

I smiled and nodded, "I know, you're right." I started, "I knew I'd feel this way if I came tonight."

"Just think of it as business, this is just another way you're getting exposure." Tatiana replied quickly. She was honestly such a good friend to me and didn't want to see me get heartbroken again, and I love her so much for that.

"Right, just exposure." I tried to go along with her suggestion.

"Now let's go meet some new faces and get that boy off your mind!" She said, hooking her arm with mine making me laugh.

-

Tatiana and I danced, met some new people, and had a couple drinks for the past hour or two. You would think this is helping me get my mind off of Michael, but it wasn't. Every move I made, I just hoped Michael was watching me from across the room.

"Stop looking for him," Tatiana said as we stood by the bar waiting on our drinks, "If he wants to come talk to you, he will."

I sighed, "I know." I muttered, turning back around to face her.

"You were just having fun, come on." She said with a disappointed tone to her voice.

"I guess being in the same room as him is just distracting, I can't focus on anything else."

"Do you want to go somewhere else? I heard Shelia E. is having an afterparty too." She replied.

"Maybe that's the best thing to do," I said hesitantly. I wanted so badly just for Michael to try and talk to me one more time, but I don't think that's happening. I just have to suck it up, and move on.

"Come on, let's head out of here." Tatiana grabbed my hand and we made our way to the door, saying goodbye to familar faces on the way out. As I was about to walk out, I looked up and met eyes with Michael who was standing by his staircase, he was watching me leave. I gave him a small smile and wave before walking outside. It was pouring rain, but it was still a warm summer night. Tatiana and I laughed as we started to walk quickly in the rain to get in the truck.