Chapter 16 - The Truth Comes Out

Michael's POV
-
I look over at Ariana who's totally in tune with the conversation between Quincy and Frank about finishing my album. I smiled slightly at the sight, she was genuinely interested in my life and my work, but at the same time, she saw more than that. She didn't care I was Michael Jackson. She saw me as Michael. That's how I knew I couldn't let her slip away, I don't think I'd ever find that again.

Ariana switched her gaze from Frank to me quickly, she bit back a smile and looked down at her hands. When she looked up, I gave her a wink causing her to blush even more.

"What do you think Michael?" Quincy's voice slightly startling me, my full attention was now on him.

"I-Uh sorry, I wasn't listening. What was that?" I replied to him shyly. I could hear Ariana giggle from across the table.

Quincy shook his head with a laugh, "What do you think about adding Smooth Criminal instead? That would be one more track out of the way."

"Oh yeah, I think that's a great idea, don't you think Streetwalker would fit the album idea more though?" I suggested.

After another hour of discussing the album and potentially the tour, Ariana and I dismissed ourselves. I have to admit, it really was nice having her there with me. She also had pitched in some really good ideas I wouldn't have even thought of.

"See, taking me along with you wasn't so bad right?" Ariana teased as she playfully pushed my shoulder while we walked down the hallway towards Bill's truck that would be parked in the back of the building.

I laughed, "It wasn't bad at all," I shrugged my shoulders, "Besides your flirting." I joked.

Ariana gasped, "My flirting?!" She smiled with her mouth open.

"You were totally flirting with me back there!" I teased her further.

"I can't believe you! Says the one who kept winking at me!" Ariana said through her laughs.

"Such a flirt, jeez." I said playfully before Ariana attempted to push my arm again but I dodged it. I took off down the hallway leaving Ariana behind to chase me. But I suddenly remembered how fast she actually was in heels, so the next thing I knew, Ariana hopped onto my back and squeezed me.

"You thought you could get away from me?" She said into my ear. Her soft voice sent shivers down my spine.

I tried to brush off the feeling I felt and laughed,  "I forgot how fast you were."

"Maybe that'll show you next time." Ariana patted my shoulder before she hopped down off my back and we made our way outside quickly and practically ran towards Bill's truck. I tried playfully shoving Ariana out of the way as we raced over to the truck, and she did the same thing back, her contagious laugh echoing.

"Gosh you two are like children!" Bill exclaimed once I managed to open the door before Ariana could.

"Hey, she started it." I pointed behind me towards Ariana before I climbed in the truck. I grabbed Ariana's hand and lifted her into the truck.

"Don't believe him, he starts everything." She said to Bill as she put her seatbelt on.

"Says the girl who was flirting with me during a meeting." I said sarcastically, putting my seatbelt on as well.

"See, do you see this?" Ariana chuckled as she pointed in my direction looking towards Bill.

Bill laughed, "What am I gonna do with you guys?" He lowered his sunglasses onto his face before we took off. I looked over at Ariana who was holding onto one of the handles at the roof of the truck as she looked out the window. I knew I had feelings for her, every time she looked at me there was nothing but butterflies. No other woman made me feel like that. Would I be selfish to tell her? I knew she felt something too but she was holding back at the same time and it was driving me crazy. But she's healing, I couldn't just drop something like that on her.