Chapter 35 - Speak

-Trigger Warning- Pregnancy, Miscarriage, etc.

1 month later

Michael's POV
-
It's been a month since I last saw, or spoke to Ariana. I took my mother's advice and let her heal on her own without my intervention. But I thought about her every single day. She was constantly on my mind no matter what I did, the more time that went on, the more she'd pop up in my head. Tonight was the Academy Awards, and I knew I'd see her, she was nominated for two awards. I know she wouldn't miss that for the world.

I had seen her new music video for Into You that's pretty much playing everywhere now, and it made me feel sick every time it popped up on my television. Seeing her kiss, and show this affection towards another man, a man she sees everyday, I couldn't help but think if they were actually involved romantically. The chemistry they both had in the music video was undeniable.

Selena would be at the awards too, and I hadn't even spoke to her in about a month as well after she was let go from the tour. I knew she hated me but I had love for another woman, and it wasn't her.

"Michael, look this way!"

"You look great tonight, Mike!"

"Michael where's Ariana?"

My stomach turned hearing her name from a reporter, that means they knew something was up between us. My goal was to keep this break up a secret until we got back together, the media would tear this whole thing up if they found out we had broken up.

I walked into the auditorium with Frank by my side and Quincy on the other, along with Bill. My eyes immediately searched the room for Ariana. I spotted her in the third row talking with her bodyguard and Tatiana who were sitting next to her. I felt my heart drop just at the sight of her, she was wearing a long, strapless, silk pink dress that touched the floor with a white fur cover up. Simple, but so elegant. Her long brown hair was tied back into a ponytail, framing her face so beautifully.

My seat was a row behind hers and a little to the left, she hadn't noticed me until I actually sat down in my seat slowly. Ariana looked over her shoulder briefly before she quickly took a double take at me. Her eyes widened just a little before I could see her physically take a deep breath.

I flashed a small smile and a wave, she smiled back at me, her dimples making an adorable appearance. She slowly turned back around and started playing with her fingers.

"You wanna talk to her?" Frank whispered over to me.

"I will later." I replied, not taking my eyes off of Ariana.

Her bodyguard turned around to look at me, he flashed a small smile and nodded his head at me, I returned the same favor.

"That was awkward." Quincy said, causing me to let out a laugh. Ariana looked back at us for a moment and smiled at Frank and Quincy.

"How are you guys?" She asked turning around in her chair looking at Quincy and Frank.

"Good, we miss you on tour." Frank blurted, causing me to adjust in my seat. Ariana exchanged looks between Frank and I before smiling.

"I miss you guys too." Ariana said looking directly in my eyes.

I could almost feel myself raise out of my chair and wrap her in a hug, but I didn't. I contained myself and gave her a small smile.

"How's the new album coming along?" Quincy asked Ariana with a wink.

"Shhh." Ariana said through her laughs.

"New album already?" I flashed an encouraging smile at her.

She nodded, "In the works."

"Good luck, Ariana. Quincy is the best." I replied.