Chapter 3 - Attention

February 12th, 1987
Ariana's POV
-
I woke up to sunshine glaring into my bedroom from the window. I tossed around in bed for a while before sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Thoughts of last night came to my mind and an instant smile came onto my face.

I have to call Jane.

I swung my feet over the bed and walked into my bathroom to freshen up. As I tied my hair up into a ponytail, I dialed Jane's phone number and called.

"Hey girl." Janes voice came through the phone.

"You need to come over ASAP." I said walking out of the bathroom and into the living room.

"Oh my god, don't tell me you performed last night!" She said.

"I did! Finally." I breathed

Jane squealed over the phone causing me to laugh, "Oh wow, okay give me about ten minutes I'll be there, you gotta tell me everything."

"There's so much to tell you, just wait."

"Don't tell me anything until I'm there, I need to hear it face to face!"

I laughed, "Okay, bye."

"See ya!"

With that I hung up the phone and set it down on the coffee table in front of the couch. I plopped down on the couch and turned the tv on while I waited on Jane. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cup and started to make a coffee.

"Speaking of First Avenue club, a new act was at the club last night. A girl named Ariana Grande.." The news anchor said catching my attention immediately.

I practically dropped everything I was doing and ran back over to the couch. I hopped over the couch from the back and immediately rewinded it.

They couldn't be talking about me, there was no way. My heart was beating so fast at this point. That's when I heard the front door open and Jane walking inside.

"Jane! Get over here and listen to this with me." I told her not taking my eyes away from the tv.

"Whoa what is it?" Jane ran over to the couch and sat down next to me.

"Listen." I set the remote back down on the coffee table.

"She performed a song called Into You last night and stole the crowd. The song won over everybody." The news anchor continued. Jane looked over to me with her mouth hanging open, "Michael Jackson was also seen talking to the new star backstage along with Prince. Prince is a familiar face at First Avenue, but what was Michael really doing there?"

"Wait a damn minute!" Jane exclaimed grabbing the remote and pausing the tv, "You met Prince and Michael?! In one night?!" She asked me in a excited tone with a smile plastered across her face.

"Yes! I wanted to tell you myself but I had no idea they'd be talking about me on the news, this is crazy!" I stood up to express my words better.

"Ariana, do you know what this means?" She asked me grabbing my shoulders, "You're freaking famous!"

"No I'm not," I laughed it off.

"There's so many things going through my head right now, wait, what was Prince and Michael like?" She asked me sitting back down on the couch, so I did too.

"Well I met Prince first, he's a huge flirt-"

"He was flirting with you?! Oh my god Ariana you have all of this in the bag already!"

"Stop," I teased, "But I was actually talking to Prince when Michael walked up to me. I'm not gonna lie, Prince seemed really irritated when Michael asked for me. And then Michael was extremely nice to me, almost in a flirty way but I don't really think he's like that, so I just blew it off as him being friendly."