Chapter 26 - All Over Again

Ariana's POV
-
Michael pulled out the chair for me as I sat down at a private table for him and I. Michael wasn't kidding when he said this restaurant was beautiful, I had never seen anything like it.

My thoughts were short lived when Michael sat down across from me with a nervous smile. He looked absolutely amazing tonight. His curls were out of the normal ponytail and laid perfectly on his shoulders, his skin looked gorgeous with the lighting in the restaurant. I could look at him all night if I could.

"You look great." I smiled through my words.

"So do you, as always." He scooted closer in his chair. There was a small silence as we both were trying to decide what to say.

"So Michael, listen." I started, making Michael look up from his hands. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"I'm all ears." He swallowed nervously.

I sighed heavily, "This morning when you left, Selena stopped by." I started, I paused for a second to see if there was any emotion on his face. And indeed, there was. His whole expression changed and his eyes filled with worry.

"W-What did she say?" He asked quietly.

"To sum it up, she really said that she could sense flirtation coming from your end towards her and you're not good for me, and you know I could sense something weird going on the whole flight and when we landed. You acted like I wasn't there. You put another woman before your woman." I voiced. I was so terrified for his response, that maybe he'd admit to it.

Michael sighed heavily and looked away from my eyes, "I want to be honest with you."

I nodded in response, "I'll understand anything you have to say." I struggled to say, knowing I definitely would not understand.

"When we got into that fight on the plane, and you mentioned Prince .." Michael stopped for a second, "Just for a small moment, I thought you were still thinking about him in that way and I couldn't help but to get jealous, and I am sorry. I should've just talked to you."

I paused for a moment, I really couldn't believe Michael thought I still had feelings for Prince after all he's out both of us through.

"Y-You think I still have feelings for Prince?" I finally managed to say, "After all he's done?"

"I don't, Ariana. I know that you don't now. It was for a small moment and I felt jealous and I acted out."

Michael's POV
-
Ariana looked at me in disbelief, and I started to regret what I said immediately.

"I can't believe that would even cross your mind." She voiced, her eyes began to fill with tears.

"I'm sorry, please Ariana. Forgive me. We always work it out like you said, remember?" I said to her reaching out to grab her hand from across the table.

Ariana stayed quiet for a while as she looked down at her lap, "We do." She said looking back up at me, "I don't know what's going on between you and Selena but it ends now."

"I promise, I refuse to let anyone come between us again. I love you way too much to watch you walk away." I expressed to her honestly. I felt my nose burn and tears fill my eyes at the thought of losing Ariana. She's the only woman out there for me, I didn't picture myself with anyone else.

Ariana was quiet for a while as she stared at me blankly, I know she didn't believe anything I had to say. She sighed heavily before she parted her lips to speak, "Okay."

"I will prove it to you, ok? I know it may be hard to believe it right now, but trust me sweetheart." I gave her hand a gentle squeeze.
"I'll talk to Frank tomorrow morning about letting her go, I think that will ease things, don't you think?" I suggested.