iii ━━ welcome to the nightmare

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
❝ welcome to the nightmare ❞

The urge to jump was far too strong

Just jump. A moment of weightlessness. A vicious snap. Simple as that.

Her boots scraped against the edge of the world, teetering dangerously on that weighty scale between life and death, barely resisting that tantalizing temptation to fall.

Morning sky eyes on a forever sunset sky. Purples and pinks reflecting back into her soft blues. Red curls rustling on her chapped cheeks. The world quiet except for her breathing.

Just jump. A moment of weightlessness. A vicious snap. Simple as that.

She could sense someone behind her that shadow, that looming presence, a friend. She couldn't turn. She wore a small soft sort of smirk. She had a secret. She knew something they didn't.

It wouldn't hurt for long. It would be fast. A long drop, a sudden stop, and then the pain would end. Everything slowed down. Everything went silent. One last wish. One last moment of peace.

Just jump. A moment of weightlessness. A vicious snap. Simple as that.

"Let me go."

━━━━━━

After they buy the house, renovating begins almost immediately, and with the work of a few super soldiers, it's pretty much finished in no time. Parts of the house are still sparse; they don't have a couch or many decorations or a salad spinner which is an important household item according to Sam.

But they have a fireplace and a garden. They paint the front door yellow much to Natasha's fond chagrin. Bucky grumbles only a little when they cut a dog door for Sandwich who remains loveably stupid as ever. And Svetlana is a giddy mess when she paints their names on the mailbox at the end of their pathway.