i ━━ in my unknown future's ear

𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐎𝐍𝐄.
❝ in my unknown future's ear ❞

THE URGE TO JUMP WAS TOO STRONG

There was something so hypnotizing about standing on the edge of the world, the weighty scale between life and death, that tantalizing temptation to fall. To feel weightless, to feel all that terrible guilt lift from her shoulders until her spine hit the ground with a vicious snap. 

Morning sky eyes danced across the forever sunset sky, purples and pinks reflecting back into her soft blues. Thick red curls rustled against her cheeks as the wind blew, the world quiet except for her breathing. She could sense someone behind her - a shadow, a looming presence, a friend. But for some reason, she could not turn.

Everything slowed down, everything went silent, like it was granting one last wish, just one last moment of peace.

"You must lose... that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul."

A girl with curly red hair and morning sky eyes stared down at the bottom of the cliff that was so very far down below. It wouldn't hurt for long. That much she knew. It would be fast. A long drop, a sudden stop, and then the pain would end, that horrible wretched pain in her heart would go away and she wouldn't have lost anyone.

Finally, the girl who was always left behind would get to be the one going away.

She whispered, "Whatever it takes."

The girl slowly turned back to look at her family, wearing a small soft sort of smirk, like she had a secret, like she knew something they didn't.

The redhead who still didn't look a day over seventeen closed her morning sky eyes, spread out her arms, and then she fell.

"Let me go."