iv ━━ secrets and lies

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑.
❝ secrets and lies ❞

THE WINTER SOLDIER WENT THROUGH FIRST, AS HE ALWAYS DID

His gleaming metal fist crashed through the mural—painted wall, killing the first guard in an instant. The child followed, ever his shadow as she rolled head over heels and hurled a long silver blade into another guard's neck. Striding past her, the soldier looked sharply at the formation on the staircase, frozen in fear, in shock, in horror. He raised his machine gun and took them all down in a rapid spray of bullets before they even had time to return fire.

They hunted down those who fled.

They always did.

There would be no survivors.

The soldier jumped over the railing to the staircase below, boots landing with a massive crack in the concrete, curling around to land a bullet in one guard's forehead while his child sunk a blade into another's heart. The child unlatched the grappling hook from her belt, unable to hear the man scream when her blade plunged into his flesh with a vicious squelch.

Without a glance, the soldier swiftly moved past her so his metal hand could grip around their target's throat, squeezing and squeezing until his red eyes bulged and the bones in his neck snapped within his grasp.

And together, in one voice, father and daughter breathed out, "Hail HYDRA."

The girl stood beside the soldier, staring blankly at the dead man now limp at their feet.

It was only when her father turned that she noticed a man at the end of the wall, breathing heavy and hands shaking so hard he couldn't get his key into its lock.

No witnesses, that was the order. And orders must be followed.

Slowly, they crept closer, feet silent and eyes blank, weapons and hands still dripping with blood, closing in like predators on their prey.