xii ━━ lana rushman

TWELVE

TWELVE.
❝ lana rushman ❞

AS A NEARBY AIRPLANE TAKES OFF WITH A LOUD RUMBLE, Svetlana peers out the long row of small circular windows for a better view of the airport

AS A NEARBY AIRPLANE TAKES OFF WITH A LOUD RUMBLE, Svetlana peers out the long row of small circular windows for a better view of the airport. The only other time she's ever seen an actual airport was when she fought one half of the Avengers back in Leipzig in 2016. This is a not so pleasant memory.

Then again, it is where she saw Peter for the first time.

It feels strangely full circle.

Strangely enough, remembering their last encounter at an airport reminds Svet to text her parents and let them know she's boarding. She grins when she sees six texts already waiting on her lock screen picture of her and Sandwich. When they dropped her off at the airport this morning, Bucky had a hard time letting go of her. Literally. Natasha had to gently pry their daughter out of his farewell hug.

papa 🖤
Not too late to change your mind, darling.
sent at 7:26 a.m.

mama 🕷
Leave her alone, James
sent at 7:27 a.m.

Svet's smile widens and she quickly texts back, thinking it's a good thing they got him to start texting now.

no thank you, promise to
not get into too much trouble 😉
sent at 7:49 a.m.

That should calm him down.

The girl slides her phone back into her pocket and narrowly dodges a businessman throwing his briefcase into the overhead compartment. To her left, someone isn't covering their mouth when they sneeze. The woman two people behind her put on too much perfume — green apple, if she's guessing correctly. Somewhere near the back of the plane, a baby is screaming.

This enclosed space isn't great for her advanced senses with too many noises, sights, and smells all coming at her at once, but she draws in a deep breath and tries to center herself. Svetlana's boots thud against the hollow flooring, barely muffled by blue carpet, as she shuffles through the long through first class, business class, and then into economy. She eyes her ticket, looking from 'Lana A. Rushman' to the bolded seat number.