vii ━━ plan b & the winter soldier

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍.
❝ plan b & the winter soldier ❞

THEIR LITTLE WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE isn't one Svetlana is particularly enjoying

THEIR LITTLE WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE isn't one Svetlana is particularly enjoying. First, separating from Natasha back in Baltimore brought back bad memories, but then the flight to Germany was even worse. After all, the last time she was in Berlin, she was the one in a cell and the thought is enough to make her shudder. Not to mention this whole ordeal with Helmut Zemo in the very maximum prison that she herself was to be sent to...

The girl snaps out of her reverie when she hears Bucky say, "I'm gonna go in alone."

Flinching around in the prison hallway, Svetlana's eyes widen in shock, "What? Papa—,"

Her uncle Sam cuts in, looking just as confused, "Why?"

"You're an Avenger." Bucky explains himself, voice low, "You know how he feels about that."

Sam scoffs, "It's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together."

Svet crosses her arms tightly over her chest, "He has a good point."

"He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together."

When he tries to walk down the hallway again, the girl quickly grabs onto the sleeve of his leather jacket, "But Papa, I can go in with you, yes?"

"No, Svetka, not this time. I don't want you anywhere close to a cell again, okay?" Bucky's hands cup her cheeks, thumbs brushing over her bruised cheekbones, "Trust me. I got it."

Without another word, her papa turns and then disappears into Helmut Zemo's cell all alone.

Sam glances over at Svet who stands with her skinny arms now tightly crossed over her chest, gnawing nervously on her bottom lip.

Time seems to slow down then — dragging on and on with no end in sight.

Biting on her short yellow thumbnail, Svet paces nervously back and forth in the hallway as Sam watches her with worried eyes and hands in his pockets.