vi ━━ how to repress your emotions: a guide by svetlana barnes

𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐒𝐈𝐗.
❝ how to repress your emotions:
a guide by svetlana barnes ❞

❝ how to repress your emotions:a guide by svetlana barnes ❞

"ABSOLYUTNYY DURAK!"

Svetlana is mid—rant, Russian spilling out of her as she furiously paces the cargo hold of the plane.

"To, kak on derzhitsya, budto on kakoy—to geroy! Spasite mir neskol'ko raz i togda my smozhem pogovorit'! Kakoy tolstogolovyy durak, vedet sebya tak, budto znayet vse. Vse, chto on skazal dyade Sam, bylo tak neuvazhitel'no! I to, kak on nazval papu 'Bucky', eto pozorno, eto grubo! On mog prosto idti vpered i yest' der'mo i umirat'! YA tak perepolnen yarost'yu, chto mogu krichat'! Yego litso khochet byt' probitym, i ya gotov obyazat'!"

When she finally stops to take a breath, Sam lets himself blink a few moments before he glances warily at Bucky, "Is she doing okay over there?"

He doesn't look up, "Doctor Raynor suggested that she start expressing her emotions more freely, as opposed to repressing or disassociating."

"Oh." Sam nods slowly, cautiously, "And, uh, how's that working out for you, Slugger?"

"Terribly." The girl sinks to the cold ground, grumpily putting her chin on her fists.

Ever since they left Walker and Hoskins out on the road, she hasn't been able to shake this terrible feeling weighing in her chest. And she knows she's not the only one. Overall, her little family vacation isn't going so well. Uncle Sam has been laying on his back on a side bench and her father has barely spoken two sentences since they boarded.

"And how about you?" Squinting in the dim light, Sam quirks a brow over at her father, "You all right?"

Bucky doesn't move from where he's been sitting on a pile of crates, shoulders hunched in, dog tags rattling at the center of his chest, "Let's take the shield, Sam. Let's take the shield and do this ourselves."