Sorry?

{back to your POV}

You ran home, wiping your continuous, salty tears along the way. As soon as you opened your front door, you ran upstairs into your room and slammed the door, weeping into your bed. After everything, after all the memories, after being gone for 3 years, Tom replaced you, he actually replaced you. No wonder he would regularly say, 'Oh sorry I can't FaceTime today-hanging out with a couple mates x' He was a liar. And here you were, collecting pictures of your memories with your bestfriend whereas your bestfriend was doing the exact same but with someone else. Someone he hadn't even known for that long.

Some time passed and you heard the front door open, at first, you didn't think much of it but then you heard the same, motherly voice of Nikki Holland, followed by her husband and then her children. They were probably here for the dinner invitation your Mum had sent them. You knew it was wrong and rude not to greet them, especially since you were only annoyed with Tom.

Finally you decided to stand up and touched up your makeup since mascara was melting down your face. When you arrived downstairs, into the living room, where everybody was, you could feel Tom's eyes upon yours. You stared at the ground, not even wanting to look at him. "Oh y/n! Come sit down! The Hollands are here" your Mum chuckled and gestured you to sit in the spare space next to Tom. That was when you realised, sitting on the other side of Tom was a blonde, gorgeous girl. The girl he had a crush on. Of course. He brang her here just to make things a million times worse.

Now, you didn't want to, you really didn't want to stay here. Instead you replied, "Oh, yeah I just need to get something, I'll come back in like 10 minutes" You needed air, you needed to leave the stuffy room.

Piercing, cold wind flashed through you as you made your way down the street. There was this one desolate building that pratically belonged to you and Tom because it was an old hotel which was out of use anyway. You went towards the building and stared upon it, the memories of this place flashed before your eyes. Opening the creaky door you went up the musty, disgusting flights of stairs till you recahed a door which opened upto the roof.

This is where you and Tom would talk for hours and hours, it wasn't too far high up and the view was even better from your window view. Stars actually danced in the sky when you and Tom were on this roof. But now, when you looked up, there was no stars even though the sky was a glimmering navy. You sat on the edge of the roof, your legs dangling. No, you weren't going to commit suicide! That would be absolutely absurd. It was just nice, nice being there. Surrounded by so many positive emotions which were held here. But you really didn't feel any positive emotions.

Tom's POV...

Sadness leaked all over me as I watched my best-friend close the front door to her own house. Mum had asked Brianna if she wanted to come to dinner with the Y/l/n and although all the face gestures I gave Mum, she didn't get the hint unfortuantly. It felt uncomfortable, horrible even, knowing your the reason your bestfriend is upset. I hated it, I hated making her feel like this.
Everyone around me were busy in their conversation whilst I sat there, locked in my own thoughts. Where could she have gone? Is she safe?
A full 10 minutes passed, she wasn't here, not yet. No one seemed to realise that 10 minutes passed so quickly, but for me the 10 minutes had been equivalent to 10 years. I waited another minute, maybe I was being paranoid. She is fine...right?

"Tom you alright?" Brianna asked, placing her hand on my knee which was bouncing up and down. It always does that when I'm stressed or deep, deep in thought. " Yeah, actually I'm going to go out for some air." I replied, fake smiling, I needed to go find her. "Shall I come wi-" I left the house before Brianna could finish her sentence and fast-walked down the street.

There was nothing. Nothing came into my mind about where she could be so I walked faster now, faster down the street glancing by every house and building. There it was. The Tom and Y/n Hotel. I smiled just thinking about all the amazing memories. How could I forget about this?!

{back to your POV}

You knew deep inside that it was well over 10 minutes since you had been gone. You wanted to walk back home, it was freezing out here. But you couldn't face it, nope, you couldn't. Even if it meant you were a wuss.

Without warning, you heard a low, rumbling shuffle coming from behind you. Your heart accelerated as you turned around. You clutched your phone, ready to call the police. "I'm calling the police!" You yelled, loud enough that it echoed throughout the night. A mysterious figure opened the door and put his hands up in defence. "Woah Y/n y/l/n it's just me!" You sighed gratefully, knowing that it was just Tom.

He edged closer towards you and sat beside you, twidling his fingers. There was a silence, for a while, not an awkward one though. Quite a peaceful one actually. "I'm sorry" he began, sighing and looking at his finger. " I- Brianna is my girlfriend, and your my bestfriend, I would never replace you"
"The photowall though, Tom I was so happy when I came to your house but you just ignored me. Since you opened the door, you hadn't even said a word and then I go into your room and there was no memories, no memories at all of us." You tried to stop the tears from escaping but they just flowed right out. Tom looked at you, the hateful saddened expression worn on his face. He hated seeing you cry, you knew he hated it. Tom gave you a side hug as you cuddled into the crook of his neck.
"I know, and I'm so so sorry Y/n. I- Well, when you left me, I realised how much you actually meant to me. It was so empty without you and I hated it, I hated seeing the pictures of us because they reminded me of you. And everytime I saw your pictures or your face or even your voice, it reminded me how much I miss you and that broke me. So, I was an idiot and went to find someone who could fill the empty space. I found a girlfriend, Brianna. But it wasn't the same. She didn't have that same unique laugh as you. That dimple on one cheek like you have. That hilarious humour you carry on your back. And when you came back, God you looked beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. It reminded me of everything, and I just- I guess I just couldn't take it all in. I'm so so sorry Y/n." he finished as you felt a cold, drop of water on your head. Tom was crying and he never cries.

You looked up at him, attempting a half-smile and lay your head on his shoulder. "I can't lose you again. I just can't." he managed to spit out, holding your hand tightly. "Tom I'll be right here, the whole time, I promise." His chocolate, dreamy brown eyes got lost in yours as you just stared at each other. It was a magical moment really. Wait...did you like your bestfriend? No, no way you can't. He has a girlfriend as well!

Tom's POV...

I missed her. I missed her way too much. We fit together like a jigsaw piece. When I looked into her y/e/c (your eye colour) eyes, electricity sparked between us. Wait...do I like her? As in like like her? No..besides, I have a girlfriend and Y/n probably doesn't even like me back...

.........................

A/n- Hi! if anyone has any good story plots I should add please type it in the comments. We have like 5 reads now so..idk if this is working out but yeah tell me if I made any mistakes or how to improve. Please like or vote or something, this is my first wattpad story and it would make my day. Thanks a ton x
- Author