Back on good terms

{Your POV}

A couple days passed, you and Tom were on good terms now. Tom, You and Harrison all went to the arcade last night and it was awesome! However, feelings for Tom kept creeping in, without permission. You tried shooing these feelings away but they just kept crawling back in. It wasn't right, not right at all to be falling for your bestfriend who even has a girlfriend! Harrison kept looking at you and Tom last night, he was always the one who shipped you and Tom together. He did it last night as well, even though Tom is already taken. It made you quite sad actually, knowing that you practically had no chance with Tom if he loved someone else.

You slept in today till 11am and walked over to the Hollands house, in some shorts and one of Tom's hoodie's he lent you the day he gave his whole 'sorry' speech. It was oversized and like a mini dress and it was super comfy. You put your hair into messy but cute bun and knocked on the door. As usual, Nikki asnwered it and you ran upstairs. You knocked on Tom's door, you wouldn't want to barge in and see something that you really wish you hadn't seen. "COME IN!" he shouted and you barged into the room jumping on the bed. Tom sat on his bed swiping through instagram. "Soooo what are we doing today?" You asked, lying down in his comfortable bed and messing with his tv remote. "Brianna's coming over and we are just hanging out." he replied, not in a very happy way though. You felt the familiar sad pang hit you when he said those words. "Right...I guess I'll go then." You stood up and was about to leave the room before Tom stopped you. "Nooo! Please stay, we can all watch a movie together, with Harrison of course. Brianna chooses the boringggg-est movies ever!" You thought for a while. If Tom didn't like the company of Brianna then why would he still be dating her. "Ok fine with me" you shrugged and opened the door, "I'll go get changed and be right back" and you left the room.

Seconds passed into minutes which gradually dragged onto hours. Normally it didn't take you that long to pick out what to wear but you wanted to make a better impression to Brianna. Or maybe was it that you wanted to wear something that Tom liked? Black or white shirt? Jeans or leggings? Or even joggers? Casual or just comfy? In the end, you picked out a baggy, cropped shirt with some ripped, denim black jeans. It wasn't your best fit but it would do for now. Something made a ping noise in the distance, as you looked over at your charging phone which lit up. You went and checked the upcoming message.

Haz
Hey, can I come over now? We can go to Tom's house together and I kinda wanna talk.

Y/n
Yeah sure, come over now.

To be honest, you were quite taken aback when Harrison said he wanted to talk to you. I mean what did he want to talk to you about? Tom?
Before you could get stuck in your own thoughts, someone knocked on your room door. "Come in!" you remarked loudly and put your mascara away. Harrison entered and closed the door behind him.
"Hey!" You began as he sat on the bed."So what did you wanna talk about?" You decided to get right into the question.
"Ok, well I was wondering, do you like Tom?" Wow you were not expecting that question. Well, did you like Tom? Maybe? Perhaps? You were too confused, way way too confused. I mean yeah sure there was some sort of spark but you didn't know whether you actually like liked him. "I mean you guys always look at each other." Harrison filled in the silence. He was right, we did look at each other a lot but maybe because we are just best friends.
"I dunno Haz" you shrugged. "I mean he has a girlfriend anyway." At that, Harrison jumped up and a smile spread across his face like he was a toddler finally getting ice cream.
"Yes! My two best friends love each other!" he punched the air with his fists. "Wait what? Tom loves me?" You asked. What if Tom does actually love you? "He hasn't said anything but the way you two look at each other! You guys totally love each other, even a baby could tell." Was it actually that obvious?
"Haz, Tom doesn't love me, if he did, then he wouldn't already be in love with some other girl. Plus if I tell my feelings to him and he rejects me, it's going to make our whole relationship awkward. Just, please don't tell him Haz, keep this just between us alright?" You practically wished deep inside that Tom shared the same feelings as you. But you knew somewhere inside you that he probably didn't.

The blonde boy in front of you mimed sealing his mouth up with a zip and you laughed because he was acting so childish. "Come on let's go then!" you exclaimed and Haz simply nodded, following you out of the house. On the short walk to Tom's house, Haz managed to fit in a million embarrassing stories about Tom whilst you were gone. By the time you arrived to your best-friends house you were in heaps of laughter that you were clutching your stomach.

Tom's POV...

Finally, there was a knock on the door, the same rhythm that belonged to Y/n whenever she knocked on the door. Opening the door I noticed Y/n with Harrison, both of them laughing uncontrollably. My stomach churned as I saw the two of them looking so so happy together. They really suit each other, the blonde and the y/h/c. I should be happy for them, not jealous...