Chapter 9 - Ivy

We dressed in our matching gowns, a plan set in place for our announcement, one that would stop both of our fathers hearts.

"Are you ready?" Mor asked as she brushed out my long hair, both of us leaving it down.

"Yes, no, maybe, I'm not sure. Knowing my dad, he will say we made up the bond." I admitted with a sigh.

"It will be ok; I am more than willing to kill him if you want." She had such anger and her eyes.

"Not yet, one day I will go back there and end his miserable existence but until then I want to rub this in his face." I said with a grin.

She took my hands and winnowed us back to the Hewn City.

As soon as we landed, I bent the light around us to hide us from view, Feyre and Rhys were stood behind the closed doors.

"You both ready?" Feyre asked.

"Yes," we said in unison.

Rhys's power filled the mountain and the doors opened.

We walked in right behind them and then stopped just beyond the doors while they walked to their thrones, both of them now wearing the masks I had first seen them in.

"Rise," Feyre commanded. They instantly obeyed.

"We have an announcement to make," Rhys told the crowd.

I was looking for my father, he was next to Keir, perfect.

"Our third in command, Morrigan, has found her mate, they are coming here tonight to celebrate their union with you." Feyre carried on.

I watched as Kier smirked. Mor gripped my hand tighter.

"Meet the newest member of our court." Rhys said, that was our que.

I let the light go and everyone turned to face us as we walked hand in hand towards the dais. Kier was looking at his daughter in fury, my father didn't look much happier.

We stopped at the foot of the dais and bowed to Rhys and Feyre before turning and facing the court.

"Ivy, you and Morrigan now rule the Hewn City together, your power will be shared, rule well." Feyre told not only us but the rest of the city.

"This is outrageous!" Keir shouted.

"What is outrageous, Kier, is your lack of heart," I snarled at him.

Mor squeezed my hand and I stopped.

"You will pay for destroying this family Ivy," my father growled.

I was about to snarl at him too, but a blinding pain radiated through my stomach and I was falling.

Mor caught me and lay me down gently.

"It's ok, you're going to be ok," she whispered to me, tears in her eyes.

"Mor, on the count of three you pull it out and I'll heal her." Feyre was saying.

"What?" I asked, my voice slurred.

Pain rushed through my body once more and I couldn't stop my scream. Mor held my hand tightly before the darkness reached out to take me.