Chapter 8: Milk Duds.

I hate cliffies, the tension nearly kills me!! SO this is the continuation of Chapter 7, hence my fast upload, enjoy :D .

“Thanks again for dinner Mr. Stilinski, it was fun.” Meg stated looking to the Sheriff from the threshold of his house, he smiled nodding in thanks.

“First of many, don’t be a stranger now.” He said in a gently fatherly chiding.

“I won’t.” She answered, earnestly. Stiles stepped outside with his jeep keys in his hand just as his father closed the door.

“That was fun; your dad is just adorable as usual.” Meg said merrily gripping at the strap of her bag and looking to Stiles who smiled.

“Yeah,”

“I didn’t know about your mom Stiles, I was pretty shocked about that, even worse that I wasn’t there.” She said abruptly surprising Stiles; he shifted uncomfortably and rubbed at the back of his neck.

“Its fine, it’s not like I knew about your dad until I Googled it” Meg shrugged and gave him a hapless smile, no blame towards him in her eyes.

“Yeah but it just makes me feel worse about losing touch with you and Scott— a lot has changed since we were kids huh?”

“That’s how change works, it’s not usually for the best but on occasion it is.”

“I’d say I am more than happy to be back here, some where I finally belong.”

“With Derek and his minions,” Stiles pondered and Meg laughed softly as they walked to his jeep parked in front of the house, their shoes sank into wet grass of his yard.

“I was talking about you and Scott, but yeah I guess them too.” Stiles opened his mouth to say a few more words when something caught his eye making his immediately tense up.

“Speaking of, isn’t that his car?” Meg followed his gaze, her amber eyes ample. Sure enough Stiles was correct, Derek’s black Chevy was parked on the opposite of the road with its owner in it.

“Hey it is; how did he know when to be here?” She pondered utterly mystified.

“He does that, it is part of his creepy gimmick” Stiles stated making her chuckle.

“I guess that means I have to catch a ride with him, aw I really wanted to go in your Jeep too.” Meg pouted truly disappointed and glanced at his blue jeep, truly disappointed.

“That crappy old thing..?” Stiles muttered nudging his thumb in the direction of his mode of transportation; he found it odd to why she would prefer his vehicle over Derek’s Chevy.

“Pfft I don’t think so; I always had a thing for four-wheels.”  Meg stated with thrust of her chin like she was stating a fact, Stiles couldn’t help but smile at her good nature.

“Maybe after school we could go for a ride,” He suggested gracing a smile from her that made her eyes gleam in excitement.

“I am going to take you up on that offer, wait what are you going tell your dad?”

“I guess I’ll have to drive around till it’s the appropriate time to return, just to avoid suspicions.”

“Sorry about that, well good night and see you in school.” Stiles was surprised when Meg suddenly launched at him, hugging him tightly with her arms over his shoulders, Stiles stood immobilized for a second before patting her back.

“I’ll be seeing you too.” He mumbled as they pulled apart and Meg smiled once more before happily making her way towards Derek’s car.

“Hey, how did you know when to pick me up?” She inquired while getting in the car, Derek looked up at her.