Chapter 15: Meg's First Fullmoon -part 2-

I can't believe I am already on chapter 15, sad to say only a few more before this story is officially over =/ I am probably going to weep. 

Meg sat down one of the empty seats closest to Erica and Boyd, they were both chained up and now it was her turn. Isaac knelt down but her feet, tightening the cuffs on her ankles and wrists, she watched him work silently till Derek presence grabbed her attention. He was about to start putting the head band on her head when Meg said his name. His silver gaze fell on to her, Meg smiled up at him and gestured for him to lean closer. Arching his brows in wonder Derek squatted down to fall into eyelevel with her, she tugged at her crescent moon pendant.

“Can you hang this so I can see it, please? I am planning to use it as an anchor.” Meg would have taken off the necklace but the rattling chains prevent arm movement.

“Are you sure that’s wise? Considering what happened last time?”

“Well the circumstances are different; I am letting you take it of my free will.”

 Derek obliged without further teasing and reached over, gently bringing the hoary chain over her head careful not to let it tangle with her jet black hair. Derek moved away to hang the chain on a pole in front of her, so it was in her line of vision. Isaac finished checking to see if the chain were strong enough to hold her before raising his blue gaze to meet hers.

“Think of it as a rite of passage to our group,”

“I thought I was already welcomed in,”

“Alright, think of it as werewolf bonding time” Meg laughed her anxiousness slightly eased, Isaac returned her smile and patted her forehand comfortingly before moving to stand behind her, gripping her shoulders to steady her as Derek placed the headband over her head. Meg closed her eyes and tried to soothe nerves, but the creaky turn of the screws only made her heart race right before the excruciating agony followed.

Her breathing was heavy and laboured, her head throbbed from the pain and the weight of the headband, Meg felt the prickling sensation of blood trickling down her forehead as she struggled to keep her eyes open. But then something changed, her temperature went up a notch as if experiencing a sudden fever, her palms started to sweat and her heart raced. Meg knew it was starting to happen the change into a werewolf, she could feel the pull of the moon had on her, like the effect the earth’s gravity had on the moon. Her chest began to hurt as if her rib cage was starting to shift inside, Meg gasped out from the pain and shut her eyes trying to block it but then her entire body began to ache. Sharp stabbing stings cut through her core, her muscles throbbing and her head hammering.

“Meg,” Derek called out to her but she was deaf to his words as if lost in some dark place in her mind, he frowned, his heart clenching his ached to approach her. Meg wasn’t struggling or growling openly like Erica and Boyd were. No, she was silent and still which made him all the more nervous. Meg suddenly hunched over, her dark hair tumbling down her shoulders and curtaining her face, her hands gripped tightly at the edges of the seat as if struggling to restrain her animal instinct.

Meg heard the sickening crack of her spine shifting and she cried out unable to bottle up the pain any longer, her nails expanded and grew outwards, tearing through the delicate flesh around the cuticle which only added on to the pile of agony that was beginning to slowly build up. She didn’t know how much longer she could last; the pain only fuelled this anger inside of her, a rage that she never wanted to face.

Kill, Kill, Kill her own mind had turned against her and destruction sounded like a tempting relief to result to. Her spine budged again without warning and Meg’s body arched in pain struggling against the chains that rattled, the sounds annoyed her, and she could hear everything, smell everything. Her heart raced at the thought of killing, sinking her claws into warm flesh and feeling the pools of blood in her hands.