Chapter 14: Meg's First Fullmoon -Part 1-

New reader yay!! Here is a shout out to you @BlueMeerkat :) 

Meg woke up to a heavy weight on her body, grumbling she opened her eyes surprised to find two pairs of legs blocking her vision, her eyes rolled up to find Erica and Boyd looming over her with grins across their faces, but that didn’t explain the weight on her body.

“Wake up sleepy head,” Meg tried to get up but Isaac was sitting comfortable on her back and she rolled her eyes.

“Haven’t you guys heard the term let sleeping dogs lie?” she mumbled into her mattress.

“I don’t think that applies to other dogs too,” Erica remarked smiling, Isaac got up after a moment and Meg sat up, her hair in tangles and eyes struggling to stay open. After a moment she rubbed her eyes and allowed them to adjust to the light.

“Hey guys,” she greeted in a sleepy voice, she all sat on the bed with her, Erica on her left with Boyd beside her and Isaac on Meg’s right. She noticed their sudden shifts in moods; they were all spacing out which worried her.

“Is something wrong?  Did I sleep through a crisis again?” She asked in alarm, Isaac chuckled and shook his placing an arm around her shoulders to steady her.

“It’s a full moon tonight, your first full moon” Meg gasped her eyes immediately falling on to the window on the wall beside them, the sun had just set and the sky was slowly melting into a dark blue and the starts were just beginning to show, and the moon all though full and bright but wasn’t at its optimum peak yet.

“It completely slipped my mind, has it really been a month?” Meg pondered out loud, they all looked to her.

“I know, shocking we’ve known you for a month”

“Pfft, well you don’t have to sound that miserable about it,” She grumbled at Erica’s snappy tone. They all fell into another silence which Megra broke with her usual curiosity.

“Is it really going to be that challenging?” She asked.

“More for us than them,” Erica replied tilting her head in Boyd’s direction.

“Why?” Meg asked staring at her blonde friend, Erica looked to a distance.

“Females can withstand more pain, so Derek has to take certain…measures so that we don’t try to escape,”

“Measures..?”

“Excruciating kinds,” Meg resisted the urge to shudder at the thought of what these painful methods must be; if it scared and quietened the rest of them Meg knew she should be scared too.

“Oh…And I thought having my period was painful.” She mumbled under her breath, Erica smirked shaking her head, but the all immediately tensed when Derek’s heavy footsteps approached them. Meg raised her gaze to find their Alpha towering over them with that same stern expression.

“It’s time.” He stated.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

They all stood at the back of the train, Meg watched the Erica and Boyd position themselves at the far end of the train with sour looks on their faces and Meg knew her usual methods to cheer them up wouldn’t work, Derek was more tense than usual and so was Isaac. Derek passed Meg who stood in the middle, she eyed the metal head bands in Derek’s grip wearily, one he kept on a nearby seat they other he took and approached Erica.

Erica stood closest to the back door, holding the metal poles tightly; Meg saw the anxiousness and sweat beads on her blonde friend’s face, the expression deepened when Derek approached. The Alpha nodded silently to Isaac like sending him a mental signal that only he understood, Isaac moved to stand behind Erica, hooking his lean arms under her and bracing her.

“What’s happening?” The question automatically rolled out of Meg’s mouth when Derek brought up the head band, they all looked to her.

“Remember what I said about pain Meg?” She nodded in acknowledgement to Erica’s words, she smirked wearily.”Well this is what’s going to happen to you too, so take notes.”

Meg gulped a wave of fear washing over her, part of her wanted to run away and hide but she couldn’t help but stand and stare enraptured. Derek brought the head band over Erica’s forehead and she began to nibble her lower lip and hold Derek’s silver gaze as if it brought her comfort.

“You ready?” He asked her, Meg looked from Erica and Derek with quivering ochre eyes. Ready for what? Erica nodded almost like she didn’t want to. Derek was about to twist the screws into the pale flesh of Erica’s forehead when Meg suddenly cried out.

“Wait!” She had exclaimed, Derek thought she was going to try and convince him to stop but she hurried over and pried Erica’s right fingers from around the pole before intertwining their hands together. The blonde stared down at Meg in utter surprise and the seventeen year old sent a brave smile her way. There was silent gratitude in Erica’s eyes before she turned her gaze on to Derek with a new found determination, the Alpha nodded and began to turn the bolts.

Erica’s loud agonized screams made them all wince as their hearts sank into their stomachs. Meg stared wide-eyed and terrified as the screws dug deeper and deeper into Erica’s forehead as her cries grew louder and louder. Derek turned his gaze away unable to watch the ache in the blonde’s face as her body racked with pain filled sobs, as he continued to turn the screws his stare fell to Meg and Erica’s clasped hands. Erica’s long fingernails had dug into the soft flesh of Meg’s hands drawing blood that oozed down and dripped to the floor, Derek’s eyes widened looking to Meg who didn’t even seem to care as her grip on her friend’s hand tightened, giving her unwavering support. Derek stared at Megra as if seeing her in a new light, her loyalty and kindness truly dawning to him for the first time and he wasn’t the only one to notice.   

Meg stared at Erica who was struggling to stand in Isaac’s hold, a trail of blood flowed down from her forehead and towards the bridge of her nose, and Meg pulled at the sleeve of her long shirt and used it to wipe away the blood, gently not to hurt her more than she already is.

“Erica you are so brave,” Meg muttered in awe, the blonde smiled tiredly looking into Meg’s gentle eyes.”Think of it this way, you won’t be alone this time, I am going to be in pain too.”

“…Yay” Erica mumbled unenthusiastically making Meg smile. Isaac grinned amused but then his smile fell when Derek held up the second head band and was regretfully looking at Meg. As if sensing his presence she turned to face Derek who towered over her, her amber gaze fell to the metal torture instrument and sighed fretfully.