Chapter 16: Run anyone?

This chapter is dedicated to @MiaFrescas I hope I spelt that right, thank you so much for your lovely comment, I was surprised to wake up to a message from you, thank you!! :D 

“That’s the last of them,” Isaac announced tossing the last of the chains into Derek’s wooden trunk and then slamming the lid shut. Erica and Boyd were back to normal now and they all stood in front of the train.

“That was…enlightening,” Meg said with a lack of a word to describe the events of the night, or last night considering it was now one o’clock in the morning.

“Did you know that every full moon is a religious holiday for Buddhists? They visit temples for worship and stop the consumption of—“

“Meat and alcohol,” Boyd cut in with a smile on his handsome face, Meg grinned playfully punched him in the abdomen.

“It’s so cool how we do that,” She stated and Boyd chuckled and rubbed at his neck almost bashfully.

“Alcohol does sound good right now,” Erica muttered stretching her arms from beside Meg; earning a wide-eyed stare from her.

“But…you are underage.” Meg informed.

“What’s your point?” Erica snapped grinning wickedly.

“So hardcore,” Meg drawled sarcastically causing Erica to frown.

“Bed sounds good right now,”

“Yeah I should head home too, before my mom does her routine checkups to see if I am still in bed,” Derek saw Meg avert her gaze when Boyd mentioned his mother.

“Well I am off,” Isaac announced Derek nodded in acknowledgement; the blue eyed male turned his attention to Meg and swiftly wrapped an arm around her neck and pulled her to his side, she gasped in surprise.

“You get to escort me to the staircase,”

“It’s not really an escort if it’s against my will” Meg protested struggling to get free from Isaacs hold, but he chuckled and dragged her with him. Derek watched them, trying to restrain from letting the sudden of jealousy he felt show. Isaac was very fond of Meg, Derek wondered just how much.

Why does it matter?It wasn’t like he harboured any feelings for the young werewolf, did he?

Erica and Boyd followed them and they were all conversing at the landing before Boyd ruffled Meg’s hair and the three of them left, leaving Meg smiling after them. Derek stood silently as she spun on her heel and walked over to him with mischievous grin curving her lips. 

“I need some help here trying to recall a few words you told me a while back, it went along the lines of ‘you will run off ‘and ‘kill on somebody’” She rubbed her chin, pretending to ponder. Derek turned to walk away but she chimed after him.

“Hmm, I guess this proves you wrong huh? “ He stopped and spun around to face her once again, Meg stared up at him smugly. Derek smiled stiffly and nodded to himself as if agreeing with her words.

“Fine, I’ll admit you exceeded my expectations—“

“Thank—“

“This time,” He added quickly with a cynical upturn of his lips, Meg fumed.

“You are impossible to please,” She observed, her gaze narrowing. Derek’s grin widened his chin coming up a notch.

“That should be your drive,” He stated with gleaming eyes.

“No, my drive is to one day bask in the glory of having kicked your smug ass,” Meg objected, poking him in the chest which did very little to sway him. He held her stare and leaned over and she blinked wide-eyed when his face was so close to the point where their noses were almost touching.