Cellphone

I set the table as i watched everyone settle in. Today felt special. Today felt different. I watched as two little children sat down and very excitedly asked me, "tell us the story about the cell phone again! Please! Please! Please!?"

I laughed as i picked the little boy up and sat him down on my lap.

"Alright you crazy little butts. But promise stay quiet" i heard dishes rattle in the kitchen and smiled.

"One crazy afternoon, and by crazy i mean absolutely bonkers, i was rushing in and out if shops in order to find your Aunt Fiona the perfect birthday present. I entered this jewelry store and was helped by a kind young gent. But sadly, Aunt Camilia called, asking me about some sort of sizing issue with the tables at the party. In a hectic state, i completely forgot what i was doing in the store." I looked down at the two children, my own. We made these two wonderful beings.

The table was full of food, my family was all here, what more could i have wanted? It all came so unexpectedly.

"Then what happened?" My son asked, even though he heard this story a million times.

"I hung up the phone, and left. Just like that. The worst part? I left my IPhone there! And i had just gotten it for christmas a few months ago!"

"But then it was found!" My daughter chimed in. Her voice soft and sweet.

"Yes! And they called me. And when i met the person who found my phone, i laid my eyes upon the most beautiful woman to this day. Her eyes sparkled like the stars, her smile lit up the room, her hair looked so soft, i just wanted to touch her hair all day. She was perfect. But then she spoke. Oh! Her voice!" I made a fake heart attack motion, " her voice sounded like angels came and gave her their voice"

And there she was. She walked in and sat down placing a large bowl of steamed vegetables on the table. She smiled at me. God she was beautiful.

"And then it all went up hill, " she winked at me. I winked back and laughed. Life was finally good.