Behind the Scenes Part Two

I headed for the costume trailer, finally time for me to get into my amazing mermaid suit. Im 18, and a girl, so i am so glad the designers here made me the shirt for Melody. If not, i would have felt more...naked. Its so hard to feel secure with my body when I'm in a skin tight spandex tail. I love it, coral color and all, but it was most definitely not an easy feat.

After the crew finished adjusting my costume, the makeup artist touched up my makeup and i was led to the green room. On top if a small platform, was a cage prop. It looked old and rusted, very mid-1800s. I climbed in and the set directors instructed me on my placement.

"Okay you have to lay as though you were desperately trying to escape, but you passed out" One of them told me. I extended my arms out and lay my head on one.

"Eyes open or closed?" I looked up at the lady with her clipboard, hoping it was open so I wouldn't fall asleep.

"Closed. I know we worked you hard last night, but try to stay awake " she instructed in a cold voice. Sheesh, she clearly needs to get laid.

I closed my eyes and got comfortable, and i felt as the "sea mist" hit my skin, like a cold pinch. And slowy, i could hear in the distance, "Take One...Action!"
Then everything went black.

I woke up in my cage, it was pitch black everywhere.

"Real mature everyone, haha" i rolled my eyes as i tried to get out. It was locked. Shit. They locked me in, and turned off the light. And left me alone. This was mermaid abuse. I shouted for help until i saw someone in the shadows.

"Adam? Is that you? Robbie? Anyone?" I desperately shouted out. The shadow neared me and laughed.

"Hello?" My voice quieting.

"He will be pleased to see you here, alive and well, Melody" it said in a menacing tone.

"Who are you?" I asked him. He laughed and came closer to me, floating. "What are you?!" I shouted and i retreated to the back of the cage. It felt weird. I look down and see my costume tail has materialized into a fin and everything. I screamed and someone opened the cage.

It was Robbie.

"Robbie whats going on?" I ran to hug him but i forgot i had a tail.

"Who the bloody hell is Robbie?" He said to me in a dark voice. Wait. He was Panning me again.

"Stop being Pan and help me to a hospital! This tail is freaking me out!" I tried ti hobble somehow into a better position.

"Very funny Mermaid. Here, take it as the last favor i do for you before they get to you" he waved his hand over me and my legs came back. What the hell is going on?!

"Where are we going?" I asked as he led me into a camp.

"Relax, theres someone here willing to pay a high price for your capture. And i happen to need that item." He threw me into a tent. "Sleep. You will need your energy."

I stood up and ran to him.

"Wait!" He turned to me and i hugged him. He felt different. Instead of the warm cuddly Robbie i was used to, he felt hard, cold even. I looked up at him and he was paralyzed.

"Robbie?" I whispered. I put my forehead in his neck.

He snapped out of his trance and pushed me to the ground.

"Do not touch me" and with those four cold words, he walked out.

I slumped back into the tent. Where had my world gone. What was happening? So many questions. I was way too young to be going through this shit.