Behind the Scenes Part Three

My legs felt free. I walked like I hadn't in years. My legs felt stronger, yet lighter. I followed Robbie...Pan into the jungle. So much has happened since he "found" me. Today, he was going to show the boys what happens when someone disobeys him. Seeing his nature, nothing good could some from today's ceremony.

"Today boys, i show you the consequence of helping a prisoner. A lesson that Wesley here, clearly did not learn." He tied him to a large pole. His arms above his head, his bloodied body limp, and barely conscious.

"Why are you doing this?!" I shouted to him. I started to approach Wes but was stopped by Pan.

"To maintain order. Now get back, unless you want to end up like that sack of blood." He threw me onto the ground behind the pole. "Front row seat, so you can make sure to remember today's lesson " he smirked and signaled to Felix.

"On my mark boys!," they readied their arrows, "One!" I looked at him. He was really going to do it. "Two!" I looked at Wes, his eyes begging for mercy. In that moment, I remembered who i was, who i really was. I am not a naughty mermaid girl. No, i am a girl who does the right thing.

"Thre-STOP! Bloody hell Melody! What are you doing?!" I had thrown myself infront of Wes. An arrow grazed my cheek. Another my wrist.

He stormed to me and picked me up. "Get up! You know what happens to people that disobey me, especially at an execution!" He threw me into a pit. The boys jumped in and began hitting me. Kicking my sides, throwing rocks, but Felix stopped them.

"Pan said you don't hit ladies, even delinquent ones." He smirked and the boys retreated.

Pan came and looked at me, he smiled. "I was hoping I wouldn't have to kill you, your grandfather is an important man, as is your Father. What a shame. You were actually growing on me, Melody" he said my name with emphasis.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him, his smirk fading.

"Well since you will no longer be a threat to my power, I suppose it wouldn't kill you to know. But the dreamshade will." He tossed me a branch, it pierced my collar.

As I screamed in pain, he bent down , held my tearful face up, and whispered, "You are my one and only weakness" then he kissed me. It was more like he was trying to make up for every kiss he never gave me. And between hungry, passionate, and angry love, was him. His beauty slowly fading into black. If this is where i die, it doesn't seem like a bad place to be. Then just like a sunset on an ocean horizon, everything went black.