Twombly

Today was a shit day. Long day at work, boss on my back. Geez I'm sorry your coffee was too cold. Its iced coffee Morgan. Sheesh. Nothing could make today better like a walk through the park with my black pit bull, Twombly. He was everything to me. My best friend. My boyfriend if anyone asks. His full name was Sir Dylan Void Stiles Stuart Twombly Peter Pan Kay. Its on his adoption certificate. I tied up his leather blue leash. Im sure he's gay. He always looks so fabulous. I tied my laces and tossed on my hoodie. It was mid autumn and it was breezy out. As we left the apartment he jumped up on me pushing me up against a stranger.

"Sorry! Twombly is a bit of a cuddler!" He laughed and said it was fine.

"Mind if i join you? It would be nice to walk my mums dog with someone instead of looking like a loner." Hmm... He sounded exotic. Maybe he has good stories.

"Sure just don't be a creeper" i teased. He laughed and as he opened the door to his house. He walked out a second later with a small tea cup poodle. It had a pink bow and a little sweater that said "Mummy's Princess" I couldn't help but giggle.

"I like you mommas dog" i tried to contain my laughter. Picturing him walking the little girly dog next to me with my Twombly.

"Haha, she bites though. So I advise you to be cautious." He cocked his brow and led the way downstairs. He opened the door for me and we made our way to the park nearby. It was nice out. Breezy, and cool, but not cold.

"Gosh this weather is perfect." I took a deep breath.

"It truly is," and with that we commenced in the best banter i had ever taken part in. He was funny, making the walk seem short, yet eventful. The time had flown by, as the sun had started to set, and the ice cream man was keeping tally of how many times we had passed him.

"Its getting late, but this has been so enjoyable!" I commented. He smiled this boyish grin.

"Definitely, i would like to do this again if you wouldn't mind." He grabbed my hand, rather hesitate, and kissed it.

"I appreciate the chivalry, but my dog kissed that hand many times after i picked up his droppings" i was totally kidding. He made a gagging face and laughed.

"So then now you have to tell me," he began, "who kisses better?" The words floated off of his tongue so beautifully.

"Im not sure. I haven't shared a kiss with either of you. I just keep getting ones planted on my hand." I shook my hand like it was a flimsy cloth. We arrived back up to the hall of our apartments.

"Would Twombly be jealous if i was the one to do it first?" He patted him on the head and Twombly nudged him at me. Damn you little shipper.

"I dont know. He probably would" i got this questiony look on my face.

I leaned agains my door and was playing with the leash.

"Lets find out" and with that this beautiful exotic stranger placed his hand on my face, leaned in, and kissed me. He kissed me like he hadn't kissed someone in years. Gently, but passionate.

But them Twombly decided we were his NOTP and jumped up on me causing the door to open, causing me to fall over backwards, with this man on top of me. I cant say i didnt enjoy it.

"I am terribly sorry!" He tried to get up but his dog jumped on his back and began to bark.

Suddeny a woman appeared. She was elderly. Maybe in her 50s.

"Robert Andrew Kay! What is the meaning of this?!" She shouted. I totally forgot to as his name. Oops.

"Mum it was the dogs!" He insisted. Twombly sat on his back to help the little pooch keep him down.

"Nini! Get in the house!" The little dog obeyed and Twombly ran inside, terrified for his life. Heck i was too.

"Im sorry Ma'am, it was an accident "

She gave me a cold stare. The she broke out laughing. Was she okay?

"I was messing with you two, its about time Robbie found himself a friend." With that she winked and walked back into her apartment.

I like friends.