Chapter 31-Infiltrate

Nyx and Erebus watched as a demigod was escorted to their room in the Mansion of Night, obvious smiles forming on their faces. The demigod was pale, shivering, and wore an expression of permanent fear, which fed the two primordials egos. An escort of two hellhounds followed the terrified boy, which left when he was close enough to the two powerful beings present. Nyx snapped her fingers and suddenly the world bent and swirled, making the demigod dizzy, before they all appeared in a cozy, dark room, with merely a candle to keep things visible. The two primordials were sitting in separate chairs, almost as if they weren't unimaginably powerful and planning to destroy a whole race. The demigod was doubled over, trying not to vomit at the teleportation he had just experienced. He was already weak enough before. Without time to recover, Erebus spoke. 

"So, little demigod. You wish to bring the fall of Perseus Jackson you say?" The primordial inquired. The boy who was now wheezing nodded his head quickly, stirring up motion sickness again. "I see. And how do you think you'll be at all capable of such a feat, when you are in your current state by the mere presence of us?" A cruel smile crossed his face as he said this. The demigod stood, shaky breaths coming out as he brought himself together as much as he could. "I have done it before. Who's to say anything has changed?" The boy claimed. "I am the son of revenge. He unbalances the camp, and I want to fix this, no matter the opinions of others. No demigod deserves power like he has." His voice sounded brave for but only for a moment. 

"Ah, you've done it before huh? I don't suppose you're gonna be able to compensate for his new power?" Nyx spoke teasingly. She knew what his response would be.  Or at least, she thought so. "On the contrary, I think his new powers can make it easier. Who would trust him now with all he has and is doing? I have the utmost faith I can bring him down better than ever before. It isn't as if he can read minds." His voice came back, his confidence shining through. 

Nyx studied him with narrowed eyes while Erebus leaned back comfortably. "I say we let him try." The god spoke. Nyx turned to him, mildly surprised. "You do? I expected you'd want to kill him now for the sake of free bloodshed." Her voice had an edge of amusement. Her husband merely waved her off before talking again. "He won't harm us, and it doesn't hurt to let him try. I doubt his success, but who knows, mortals are ridiculous people. Maybe the demigods would gladly turn on their only hope, pointless as it is. Give him a shot, maybe he won't be totally useless to us." He then leaned closer to Nyx. "It'll be funny to see him fail..." He whispered under his breath. Nyx covered her mouth and stifled her laughter in response. "Alright, we shall let it be. You have a little more power than before boy, not much at all, but enough to use shadow travel once every day, perhaps more with practice. Take these powers and try to wreak havoc on the Son of Poseidon's life. If you fail, you will be killed. If you don't, maybe you'll have a place in the new world that shall be born from the death of Olympus. Have fun, boy..." With that, the son of Nemesis faded into shadow, his head swimming with agony as his world flipped and turned, before he appeared just outside the camp, on his hands and knees. 

Several minutes passed as he attempted to catch his breath and vomited everything in his stomach, mostly bile. They certainly didn't make travel easy. 

With heavy breaths, the boy stood completely, legs trembling beneath him at the idea of what he had just done. Conversing with beings of that power was a tremendous strain on his body and mind. He could only imagine how a mortal would manage in the same situation. Shaking his head to clear himself of all thought, his focus shifted. Looking around, he identified his location, sighing in relief a little. He didn't have to put in a lot of legwork, like he'd done to first find the mansion. Now, he just needed rest before making his moves to shred a reputation. A little grin came onto the demigod's face, before being replaced by a nauseated grimace. Clearly he needed a longer recovery.