Chapter 15-Back

The present demigods, mortal, and satyr all stared as Percy drifted away, walking into the forest, for reasons they didn't know. Nobody wished to question his decisions. But Zoe refused to see him simply walk away without any notice. Evidently nobody else had the confidence to look after him anymore. She marched up to him, taking larger steps, until she was able to reach his shoulder. She grabbed him roughly, not allowing him to keep walking. He turned toward her, seeming to restrain himself. "What do you think you're doing?" She demanded. He just gave her an unfocused look. "Uh... I was just gonna go take a look around..." This only earned a glare. "You, Perseus, are going to walk with your friends to Camp Half-Blood and not separate from the group. Understood?" She knew that she had no right to ask such a thing of him, nor the ability to restrict him if he chose to just leave, so when he just gave her a nod and smile in answer, she was shocked. A small grin found its way onto her lips, one of pride. She was proud that he listened to her of all people. "That's right. Now come, we should start moving back." She did a quick turn and began to walk towards camp, until a yell from Annabeth made her look back. "Zoe, we just had the fight of our lives. I think maybe we should sleep for now, the sun is getting low anyway." The huntress looked up to see that she was right, it was getting rather dark. Time had flown in the past several hours. She paused to think for a moment. "Very well, we shall rest. I'll watch tonight." Hearing this, Grover raised his hand, seeming to ask permission to speak. She looked confusedly at him. He slowly lowered his hand, before asking the question on his mind. "I didn't notice this sooner, but... Zoe, why are you talking in modern English?" Her face went red at hearing this. "Ever since my rebirth I've spoken like this. That's all." She kept it short and blunt, trying to draw the embarrassment away from herself. Grover nodded, and to make sure he stayed alive, proceeded to move on. They all set up tents, a process that took around half an hour for the demigods, while the hunters simply tossed a folded cloth onto the ground that expanded. Lucky girls. 

Percy did very little. His friends all approached him when they could, conducting interviews, or just venting to him, or just hugging him. Thalia was there for the longest, switching between slapping him, hugging him, crying, and more. She obviously was the closest with him. Frank and Hazel were similar to her, minus the abuse. Lissandra just asked a few questions, having no previous experience with him. Then, there was Annabeth, who didn't go to him at all, but seemed to stare at him when she could. Her face was full of longing. Zoe did nothing but relax, and Reyna was the same. Those two had an awful lot in common, and they would make a rather amazing team if they really worked together. When nightfall eventually came, everyone was ready to sleep besides Percy himself. Zoe made sure she got the first watch, giving her time to think and keep an eye on the boy while she could. After all, she seemed to have the biggest impact on him so far. Besides... she'd never complain about being alone with him. Maybe it'd help her sort her emotions out. 

Or at least, it was a good excuse. 

So when everyone finally went to sleep, not questioning Zoe's decision to stay up first, and Reyna agreeing to take second watch, all that was left was Zoe and Percy. The latter of the two was sitting in a lower bough of a tree, resting his back against the trunk. He looked rather at home where he was. Zoe marveled at the difference in the boy she used to know and the man she knew now. The Percy she saw was powerful, capable of handling the gods themselves with ease. Not like he hadn't been a challenge for them before. Of course, he had beaten Ares in a duel on his first quest. But it was as if his power had increased tenfold from there. Artemis had regaled her with tales of the hunt meeting him and being totally annihlated by his skills. She had heard of his unmatched swordplay, efficiency with a bow, unique aura disguising ability. But it hadn't really hit reality for her until she saw him stand up to Nyx, claiming she would not harm those he protected. The primoridal has gone as far as to actually agree, at least mostly, for she clearly believed Percy couldn't fully compete with her, much less her and her husband. But that hadn't put him off. He had casually attacked her, managing to stab the taunting goddess. Sure, she had more or less allowed the chance to be harmed, but nonetheless he had gotten through. And now he stayed awake, prepared to stop anything from coming near the camp. She could tell he was more in shape then he used to be as well, based on how he seemed to lack any fatigue. You'd never have guessed he had traveled several miles in a single day, threatened and stabbed a primordial, and healed several major injuries. He was a man of steel, clearly. 

"So, are you going to keep staring at me, or..." Percy said in a teasing, quiet tone. Zoe blinked rapidly, realizing she had been thinking all this while never taking her eyes off of his form. He had noticed her mooning look, and finally decided to call her out on it. Her face turned very red, so much so that her eyes seemed rather out of character. He held in a laugh, noticing the obvious change. She tried to compose herself unsuccessfully, tearing her eyes away from his form and trying to stop thinking of him. To be blunt... it didn't work. She inwardly groaned at herself. Why was she like this? She had always been able to speak to him before. Even if she had more feelings now, it wasn't like she was some little girl. Before she knew it, he had dropped besides her and touched her shoulder lightly. She flinched and turned to face him, her embarrasment showing. He leaned in, getting very close, before whispering. "Go ahead and get to sleep. I'll keep watch for the night. Don't worry about anything else for now. Organize your thoughts while you're at it." Then, he leaped back up to where he was before, leaving an entranced Zoe behind. Once again she was frozen, this time out of nerves for what she had thought, and, despite what would be best, hoped would happen. She had a vow to take care of. But she couldn't help it! The boy was just so... argh! It's all too confusing. Taking his advice, heart pumping rapidly, she laid herself down. She knew she'd never find sleep at this rate. However, when Percy concentrated, he sent dreams her way, a power he had unlocked after a long time of rescuing demigods unable to calm themselves enough to rest. Nico would be proud. Zoe drifted away, into dreamland. Percy smiled to himself, before gaining a serene expression and closing his eyes. He channeled his aura, sending it out to find the nearest threats. He came up with nothing noteworthy nearby. He stayed this way the whole night, periodically checking for any animals or monsters. The night went without error. When he woke up the group, after explaining he had convinced Zoe he would watch for the night with a few words, they were off and hiking their way to Camp Jupiter, which Percy wished to get to first. "Something about it felt better." He had said. "Just trust me." 

They had been convinced rather easily. 

Watching from the shadows, an angry female primordial stalked the group, unaware that Percy could sense her presence. "Soon." She muttered to herself. She would get her revenge soon... 

The Mansion of Night held many powerful beings. The children of Nyx were generally there, and now Erebus was back. However, something new was happening. Hellhounds, thousands upon thousands, were allowed inside it. Other monsters, varying types, also were around. A force, not seen since the rise of the giants, was laying in wait. Along with these creatures, Akhlys, who had never considered being in war before, was inside the mansion, a rare occurrence. It was an army that could lay waste to the two camps if it weren't for some particularly powerful demigods. But the two primordials, and their two daughters, one forced to serve, were more then a match for them all. Save for one. However, even they didn't know his full capabilities. What they did know was that he had to go. But how would they manage? 

Perhaps he could be convinced through special methods. Or maybe just being offered rewards would do. The demigods had forsaken him after all. 

No matter what though, they would have victory soon. It was only a matter of time before they made the surface world their own.

The Olympians had their era. Now, the night would reign supreme. 

The Mansion of Night shall rise, for the first time in history. 

They will lay waste to those above. 

1582 Words. 

AN: The first chapter has hit about 200 views, and some others are set to follow. Thank you for reading everyone, it feels very rewarding seeing votes, comments, and views tally up on this story. Knowing people enjoy each chapter keeps me going. As always, any criticism will be taken into account. Next chapter hopefully will ramp things up some. Enjoy, and once again, thank you all.