Chapter 11-Hunting The Son Of The Sea

Upon finishing preparations, the half-bloods and mortal grouped up before setting waiting for the gods to make their announcement to them, something they were promised would happen. Whilst they waited, the gods were in another council meeting, without the demigods. Artemis, Hestia, Poseidon and Apollo had concerns they needed to talk about. 

"Dad, there is a lot that I have seen wrong recently. Especially from the Greeks. We didn't break down enough of the prophecy either, I just know we're missing some things! Like what is the darkness that shall rise from the depths? We need to discuss this in more detail." Apollo stated all of this, sounding more serious then usual. He at first only got a glare in response, however, Zeus then sighed, waving him on. "Thank you father! So, what forms of darkness are we aware of? Thanatos, who won't turn on us, Hades, who is much the same, Phobos and Deimos who are no concern of ours, and then perhaps some other minor gods and goddesses. However, what of the primordials or titans? We know where Perses is. He is the only titan that can match the description well besides Kronos, who we are sure isn't forming soon. So that leaves one breed of godly beings left. And what dark primordials do we know of?" Apollo finished his ramble, Athena staring at him in shock that he said something smart. She blinked a few times in wonder, before speaking herself. "He is right, somehow." Her words made all the difference. Zeus paled, looking at her and shaking his head slowly. Even the king of the gods feared the primordials. Even if darkness didn't hold as much destructive potential as Earth itself, it definitely had as much raw power. Despite the fact that they had recovered from the previous war rather fast, another war would be insanity. Especially with Erebus or Nyx, or gods forbid, both of the two. Without Percy... they would be screwed. Suddenly, he felt the quest was more important then before. "Understood, you two. I see the concerns. We must make this quest succeed. So, explain the issues with the Greeks, please." Hearing Zeus actually being kind put most of the council off guard, but Hestia stood from her place in the hearth, showing some of the older events from Camp Half-Blood to the gods filling the room. They saw Chiron, depressed and tired, sitting in the Big House doing nothing, they saw Annabeth, with a bored expression, writing notes on architecture, they saw Percy, when he first left, his expression totally broken, the only visible quality of him being the clear heartbreak in his face as he runs from the camp to the city, not looking back, a blurry crowd behind him still on the hill surrounding a person bleeding. 

The gods seemed struck by lightning. They froze, keeling over, faces showing worry and regret. Nothing of those images made sense. Nobody would ever treat Percy like such, he may as well have been more popular then the Olympians themselves. But the evidence was there. With silence reigning supreme, the gods simply stared at the frozen image of Percy's expression. A silent weeping could be heard, and a glance would show it was the boy's father, which would've made the gods even more shocked if they could focus on it. However, after a few seconds, using his water manipulation, he dried his face off before any could notice it. Well, besides Athena herself, who made a mental note to either be kind and make up for her daughters actions or to laugh at him for it. She'd decide based on how she felt in the moment. For now though, they all mourned for their hero, even the most prideful of them. Ares himself seemed distraught, and his form shifted to Mars, who then got on a knee for his favorite demigod other than his own son. Likewise, Zeus, Demeter, and soon after the rest of the gods changed to Roman. Their sense of honor was far too powerful. They were not happy with the Greek form of their children, so they decided to switch to honoring the legion. All save Athena that is, who still disliked the Romans enough to refuse to do what they wished a majority of the time. Eventually, Mars stood, along with Zeus. 

"Evidently, the Greeks are being either manipulated or Percy had committed a serious atrocity. Obviously, Percy wouldn't do such a thing, so it seems the Greeks are all out of wack. Hopefully it is somewhat fixed now, although based on our recent meeting that is not the case. Let's just rely on them as little as possible for now." Mars spoke, improvising as he went. "The quest shall begin, Annabeth the only real Greek going, and the group will figure out a method of bringing Percy out of hiding. If they wish to bring a satyr to help track then we shall not argue. They will be left to their own merits. Any concerns?" He finished, giving a few moments of silence. Diana put up a hand for a second, then spoke up. "I would like to track Percy down on my own. He made a promise to me, and he doesn't break promises historically. If anyone can find him, I can, as his skills now are so refined that few others could match his prowess. If I get close, he will make himself known. Then I could point him in the direction of the campers, or use force to stop him from doing anything rash. Permission?" With a few seconds of thinking, Mars inclined his head to Jupiter. "Permission granted. Meeting dismissed." He then flashed out, probably to think of things, as he was more responsible in his current form. The rest of the gods soon followed save Diana, who put a hand up to her head for a second, searched her domain deeply and thoroughly, then ran and jumped off Olympus, disappearing into the sky. She had some idea of where the boy may be, and if her senses were correct, his aura was in Yellowstone National Park. Which meant he wasn't fully hiding. Or perhaps he was taunting her. She would find out somehow.